Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone familiar with BamaTune programming?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 06:03 PM
giaka

Default Anyone familiar with BamaTune programming?

Does anyone know if the parameters for the traction control are altered at all with the Bamatune Street files? I ask because it sure seems a lot easier to spin the tires with the traction control on now than when it was stock. :-)

Having said that I really like this tune. The power seems more consistent and the throttle is a bit easier to manage while trying to revmatch on downshifts.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:05 PM
JimC

I didn't think that my traction control was affected on my street tune -race tune yes, but not street.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:02 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by giaka
Does anyone know if the parameters for the traction control are altered at all with the Bamatune Street files? I ask because it sure seems a lot easier to spin the tires with the traction control on now than when it was stock. :-)

Having said that I really like this tune. The power seems more consistent and the throttle is a bit easier to manage while trying to revmatch on downshifts.
Originally Posted by JimC
I didn't think that my traction control was affected on my street tune -race tune yes, but not street.
Hey giaka - That's a good question and the Bama Performance Team will make adjustments for the torque management system but they will not make any adjustments to the traction control as you would need to have it disabled manually.

The Street tune can be sensitive if you're not used to it and I would simply just recommend getting some more seat time in your Mustang! I'm very happy to hear that you're enjoying the improved power throughout and throttle response!

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you're to have any other questions, I'm always around to help!

Alex
Old 01-27-2015, 01:26 PM
giaka

Thanks for the reply Alex. I have yet to try the 91 or 93 Race Tune. Is the Race Tune that much more aggressive? I need to go buy a tank of 100 octane this weekend and give it a go I guess. :-) And yes I love this tune, this is how the car should run from the factory.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:39 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Why would you buy 100 octane?

Just put on the 93 tune, fill 'er up and go lay some rubber
Old 01-27-2015, 01:45 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by giaka
Thanks for the reply Alex. I have yet to try the 91 or 93 Race Tune. Is the Race Tune that much more aggressive? I need to go buy a tank of 100 octane this weekend and give it a go I guess. :-) And yes I love this tune, this is how the car should run from the factory.
Yikes 100 octane, 92 or 93 if you have it around you will be fine LOL
Old 01-27-2015, 01:52 PM
giaka

Originally Posted by CMcNam
Why would you buy 100 octane?

Just put on the 93 tune, fill 'er up and go lay some rubber
My options are 91 or 100. There isn't any 93 in California.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:58 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Love my Bama tune, havent installed the street yet, started right away with the 93 tune and its awesome, Might try the street tune when gas goes up LOL

Having said that I really like this tune. The power seems more consistent and the throttle is a bit easier to manage while trying to revmatch on downshifts.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-29-2015, 01:18 PM
bl817
3rd Gear Member

the early s197 with the track lock button, if you turn off the track lock with tuner, there is a message on the display that needs acknowledged to clear so might as well just use the button to turn it off. not sure about 11-14 cars
Old 02-01-2015, 04:44 PM
Paratrooper34

Interesting. I noticed the other day that it seemed my traction control wasn't working during some hard acceleration. I did not turn it off, nor do I remember switching it off during the tune upload. A rear tire definitely broke loose and started to kick out the rear of the car until I let off the gas. So I was wondering the same thing about the tune. Oh yeah, the tune installed is the 93p.

Last edited by Paratrooper34; 02-01-2015 at 04:51 PM.