Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Offered a 2015

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 03:27 PM
T-Rexx72076

Default Offered a 2015

The dealership wants to buy back my 2013 GT Convertible. I have about 19K miles, 19" wheels, brembo brakes, but no track pack electronics. I have been offered an upgrade to a 2015 GT Premium Convertible. Currently their offer would have my payment go up by about 50 dollars a month. I think I could get them down to either my current payment or no more than 20 more a month.

The 2015's are growing on me, and I think I could be happy with one. I was looking for opinions from those who have traded up.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by T-Rexx72076
The dealership wants to buy back my 2013 GT Convertible. I have about 19K miles, 19" wheels, brembo brakes, but no track pack electronics. I have been offered an upgrade to a 2015 GT Premium Convertible. Currently their offer would have my payment go up by about 50 dollars a month. I think I could get them down to either my current payment or no more than 20 more a month.

The 2015's are growing on me, and I think I could be happy with one. I was looking for opinions from those who have traded up.
Same payment or no more than your currant payment, trust me if they want your car it will be yours, also any incentives going on?
Old 06-04-2015, 06:26 PM
T-Rexx72076

Originally Posted by Choppertwo
Same payment or no more than your currant payment, trust me if they want your car it will be yours, also any incentives going on?
I do not know of any incentives, but I will be going from a GT to a GT premium for less than $10 more a month.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:29 PM
swscoo

Sounds like a no brainer! The 2015 is a much better engineered car than the 2013, I can vouch. The 2015 ride is totally diiferent-better-also. Go for it...you will never regret.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Never2mucHP
2nd Gear Member

It sounds ok, but talking about how much your payment will change is a bunch of smoke and mirrors. How much will you owe compared to what you owe now? How long will your payments be compared to what you have now and at what interest rate? Dealerships love "payment shoppers" because they can always make the payments fit close to what you want; whether that is a sound financial decision for you is a totally different story.

But hey, if it makes you happy...
Old 06-05-2015, 08:01 AM
steveo555
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Never2mucHP
It sounds ok, but talking about how much your payment will change is a bunch of smoke and mirrors. How much will you owe compared to what you owe now? How long will your payments be compared to what you have now and at what interest rate? Dealerships love "payment shoppers" because they can always make the payments fit close to what you want; whether that is a sound financial decision for you is a totally different story.

But hey, if it makes you happy...
Bingo. You can make the loan term longer in months to lower the monthly car payment. In a scenario like this you could be paying for more car than you can afford and more interest. Payment shopping is the worst thing you can do for your financial health. And why would a dealership "want" a three year old car? Because a not so savvy person will sell it to them at a low price which they can resell for a profit then they put them in a loan for a new car with worse terms than their first loan; more profit.

What you should be looking at is what price they would give for your trade in (compare the value to KBB and CarMax). Then negotiate the price of the new car before ANY Ford incentives are taking into affect. Ford reimburses dealerships for the incentives so this is no loss to the dealership. There are also 3rd party group memberships in which Ford gives new car rebates to. For example, the American Quarter Horse Association is a $50 per year membership but gives you a $500 Ford rebate. What I did was pay for a one year membership and wait the mandatory 30 days then use the rebate. Finally, the price between the negotiated new car price minus your trade in is the amount you will need to finance.

It is a lot more complicated then I explained above and you need to do more research on all the details.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:06 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Agree with the above two posters. Also, the dealership doesn't "want your car" as much as they "want you in a new loan". Dealerships do not make money if you keep your car after the loan is done. Also like the above posts stated, shopping by payment amount alone is the type of shopper a dealer loves the most. There's a lot more math to buying a car than just the monthly payment. How much will your insurance change with a 2015?

It may end up being a good deal for you, but just double check everything first. Once you sign those papers you're stuck if you find something out 3 months later that you didn't see initially.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz
Agree with the above two posters. Also, the dealership doesn't "want your car" as much as they "want you in a new loan". Dealerships do not make money if you keep your car after the loan is done. Also like the above posts stated, shopping by payment amount alone is the type of shopper a dealer loves the most. There's a lot more math to buying a car than just the monthly payment. How much will your insurance change with a 2015?

It may end up being a good deal for you, but just double check everything first. Once you sign those papers you're stuck if you find something out 3 months later that you didn't see initially.
yea, look into this DEAL a little more before you Deal
Old 06-07-2015, 08:16 PM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by T-Rexx72076

Car Payments?

YUCK!!

Sounds like they "have you" on a well set hook.

Life is so much better when there are no car payments and then ..... it get's even better when no house payments!
Old 06-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Shane780
1st Gear Member

In my opinion, keep your car. The 2015 maybe more advanced, but the 2013-2014 have the muscle car look.

Quick Reply: Offered a 2015