MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   2007 Mustang gt exhaust help. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/720990-2007-mustang-gt-exhaust-help.html)

Webster454 07-29-2015 09:22 PM

2007 Mustang gt exhaust help.

So I I have a 2007 Mustang gt right now with muffler deletes and it's sorta loud when you get on it. But I want it louder so I was thinking a adding a offroad x pipe instead of the factory h. I do live in a county where there is a yearly inspection. But I don't mind putting the stock h back on for inspection. I also have a tuner to turn off o2 sensors. The only thing I worry about is cops like if one is behind you or pulls up beside you. Is it possible to be somewhat quiet with the o/r x without being pulled over. I plan on adding a mid muffler like glasspack to quiet it down some. Really need help thanks

Rob@Evolution 07-30-2015 02:09 PM

The inline will help somewhat but form what it seems you will just have to hope for the best and be loud and proud.

cema93 08-01-2015 04:06 PM

Have u thought about electric cutouts? U can be as loud as u want and then when u see a cop, close them up.

But if u don't want that route, yes an offroad x pipe and straight pipe is about as loud as it gets or close. I'm a little confused when u say u want it loud but want something to "quiet it down" it's really simple to make it loud. To change the volume on the fly, that's another trick

Webster454 08-01-2015 08:52 PM

i mean that is it possible to go by a cop kinda quiet.

cema93 08-04-2015 08:23 AM

Yes. Coast or idle past them. Get ur rpm low and get past them. When I driving I just make sure my rpm are fairly low (I'm not jamming on the gas, just tapping it) never been pulled over in my car even though quieter cars have been for their exhaust.

Webster454 08-08-2015 08:47 PM

so i should not have any problems with them as long as i stay out of the throttle. I see you have a o/r h how loud is it just cruising through town? What about if a cop is behind you at like a stop light can you take off quiet?

cema93 08-08-2015 09:50 PM

I have no problem being quiet. Mine is a manual FYI. longtube headers, off road h pipe and mac mufflers; its pretty loud. i have good sized cams too so that adds to the volume/sound. cruising at 35-55 is no problem if u were standing on the sidewalk and i passed u cruising, u would hear a mild rumble. i like to cruise parking lots in first and just let it rumble and growl. When i hit it though, its really loud. people tell em there hear me a good minute or two before i get there sometimes. but no, i have never had a problem with the cops. u just have to be careful and aware, thats it.

808muscle 08-09-2015 12:49 AM

Adding some mid mounted resonators will really clean up the tones. Remove the rasp and all the trumpeting. It will also give it a deeper tone too. I love my setup..sounds amazing.

Webster454 08-11-2015 08:35 PM

do you have any mid mounts you would recommend

Norm Peterson 08-12-2015 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Webster454 (Post 8499838)
i mean that is it possible to go by a cop kinda quiet.

The ones you see in time . . . probably

The ones you don't . . .

Norm