Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

If you have Corsa Sport exhaust - I want your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 07:26 PM
Maine-iac
1st Gear Member

Default If you have Corsa Sport exhaust - I want your opinion

Hate to beat a dead horse, but I'm having trouble making a decision and would love some fresh opinions. I just installed Corsa Sport axlebacks on my 09 GT. The rest of the exhaust is stock. The sports sound great (not too loud), but the one thing that didn't change is the gurgle sound on deceleration. I really don't like the rough popping sound and would much rather have that deep "race car" rasp. The popping is about the same with the Corsa's on. I need to keep cats on the car. I am considering a cut and clamp x-pipe. Maybe headers - but I would only do short tube and I know the performance gains are minimal at best - so it would really be for sound only - and that's a lot of work & expense. I would love to hear some clips of the setups I'm considering. Haven't been able to find any yet on YouTube. I know exhaust sound quality is very subjective, but I think I've conveyed what I'm after. If you've had experience with these setups, please chime in.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:05 PM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

Ran JBA shorties with FRPP cut-and-splice x-pipe and corsa sports. I really liked the sound. The x really smooths out the tone. At low rpm and cruising I think it was quiter than stock. At WOT it really sounded mean. I'm too lazy to post a link, but if you search some of my previous posts, you can find some videos with sound clips.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:29 PM
Maine-iac
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the reply. I've gotta believe your heavily modded motor may have contributed to the sound as well. Mine is stock except for the CAI. I also don't really want it too quiet! I mean, not obnoxious but I love a nice growl even at lower RPM's. Kind of regretting not getting the Corsa xtremes.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:08 AM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Maine-iac
Hate to beat a dead horse, but I'm having trouble making a decision and would love some fresh opinions. I just installed Corsa Sport axlebacks on my 09 GT. The rest of the exhaust is stock. The sports sound great (not too loud), but the one thing that didn't change is the gurgle sound on deceleration. I really don't like the rough popping sound and would much rather have that deep "race car" rasp. The popping is about the same with the Corsa's on. I need to keep cats on the car. I am considering a cut and clamp x-pipe. Maybe headers - but I would only do short tube and I know the performance gains are minimal at best - so it would really be for sound only - and that's a lot of work & expense. I would love to hear some clips of the setups I'm considering. Haven't been able to find any yet on YouTube. I know exhaust sound quality is very subjective, but I think I've conveyed what I'm after. If you've had experience with these setups, please chime in.
My Sports exhibited similar characteristics until I got a tune. No more growl and popping on excel. I got Ford Racing tube via PROCAL.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:15 AM
Maine-iac
1st Gear Member

Thanks - I do plan to get a tune, so hopefully that will help. I only get that popping sound on decel, not acceleration. Acceleration sounds incredible through the Sports! It's just when you let of the farting and popping starts. I know some like it, but I just hate that sound.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:09 PM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Maine-iac
Thanks - I do plan to get a tune, so hopefully that will help. I only get that popping sound on decel, not acceleration. Acceleration sounds incredible through the Sports! It's just when you let of the farting and popping starts. I know some like it, but I just hate that sound.
Sorry. I meant on decel. Spell corrector keeps changing it.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:17 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

I have the Corsa Sport. Love it.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:47 PM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

A tune will cut down on the popping (it wont get as lean when you lift off the gas). I had corsa's way back when it was stock and then after it was tuned (and had shorty headers), and there's a definite difference.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:45 AM
Maine-iac
1st Gear Member

Jpplaw - good to know. I wonder if the sports get louder as they break in?? No idea if the difference would be noticeable. I am on the fence with the addition of a supercharger - or not. If not, I will probably do shorty headers and maybe an x-pipe. Either way, the sound is going to change. From everything I've heard, the x-pipe will dramatically smooth out the popping.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:42 PM
macman45
1st Gear Member

I have KR's and want to go to stingers. Too quiet. I heard both Corsas were not that loud either.

Quick Reply: If you have Corsa Sport exhaust - I want your opinion