Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shaking Steering & front driver tire

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 12:08 PM
shinerttu
2nd Gear Member

Default Shaking Steering & front driver tire

So I noticed when I was braking recently that I was getting a wobble and a wobble/clunky sound. I was able to further figure out that this is happening at higher speeds (40mph+) and while braking to the left. It comes from the front driver side and is pretty severe (as in this is noticeable). The vibration can be felt through the car and steering wheel.

Now...
This is happening about 20 miles after I installed the "Power Stop Z26 Street Rotor and Brake Pad Kit" sold on americanmuscle.com. So I have brand new drilled and slotted rotors which make me suspect that one may be damaged. I did go through the break in procedure (which was fun btw) as specified by Powerstop

Also, I rotated my tires when I did my brakes this past Sunday.

It is likely not a bearing because I replaced my bearings with Ford Racing bearings less than 8,000 miles ago.

I noticed my outer tierods are bad so I planned on replacing those this weekend.

Wanted to get opinions on what my issue might be so I know what to look for this weekend. It's probably no coincidence that I changed my brakes this weekend and then this started. But could it be an installation error, or a bad rotor? What would cause a wobble while braking when turning in one direction?
Old 02-26-2016, 02:30 PM
shinerttu
2nd Gear Member

Guess it was just a coincidence. It was just my tierods and I guess they just happened to feel much worse after my brake job. Glad it was something minor.