Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Do I have the Fastest STOCK '05 Mustang GT???

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 09:34 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Do I have the Fastest STOCK '05 Mustang GT???

ORIGINAL: GT Premi

That's a stellar time, but I don't get the MPH. If you were running 4.10 gears or shorter, I could see it, but...

Somebody help me out. You must've come off the line like a scalded dog and died on the top end or you came out slow and took off like a jet at the end. Considering you launched at a whopping 5800 RPM, it's got to be the former. It's amazing that you didn't smoke 'em half way down the track! I'm confused.

The reason he trapped so low is the charge motion plates. They cut 75% of the fuel over 80 mph causing the '05 to trap really low. I have the delete plates and I trap 2 mph higher than I did with the intake, tune, exhaust. Delete plates really make a difference up top in the '05s. Also when you cut a 60 ft. that good, cars tend to trap a little bit lower simply because they don't spin off the line.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:40 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Hmm... What are these "charge motion plates" you speak of and where can I get some and for how much? Any negative effect on fuel economy? Can you feel a difference? Is the difference worth the cost?
Old 10-26-2005, 12:08 PM
Speedycop

ORIGINAL: 757GT

That's a stellar time, but I don't get the MPH. If you were running 4.10 gears or shorter, I could see it, but...

Somebody help me out. You must've come off the line like a scalded dog and died on the top end or you came out slow and took off like a jet at the end. Considering you launched at a whopping 5800 RPM, it's got to be the former. It's amazing that you didn't smoke 'em half way down the track! I'm confused.

The reason he trapped so low is the charge motion plates. They cut 75% of the fuel over 80 mph causing the '05 to trap really low. I have the delete plates and I trap 2 mph higher than I did with the intake, tune, exhaust. Delete plates really make a difference up top in the '05s. Also when you cut a 60 ft. that good, cars tend to trap a little bit lower simply because they don't spin off the line.
Well said. I'm still unsure how the car went 103.82 riding the rev limiter in third when it was new (247 miles), but the 13.47 that it ran on that pass was done with a 2.0 60', 32psi, 87 octane, and granny shifting with some wheelspin. In my experience, a little wheelspin keeps rpm's up, and allows a slightly higher trap speed, which my timeslips verified. I wonder if the 87 octane had any bearing???

I'm trying to decide what to do next. My budget is very tight for now, but if I decide to sell my house and move, I'll have the funds to hook it up. In the meantime, I want:
Shifter
Delete Plates
JMS or equivalent cold air intake and dyno tune
Long Tubes
High Flow Cats (X flows better, H sounds better, I'd prefer flow)

I already have Magnaflow axle-back mufflers, I just need to install them. A lot of people say they won't add any HP, but I like the tips, and I got a them for a pretty good price on Ebay ($300). I'm not ready for gears, because I really want the Whipplecharger eventually, and I don't think the taller gears are really that necessary with the low-end torque it provides. Plus, it's a street car---I have put 9K on it since April. I don't want to lose too much fuel economy...

Any tips?
Old 10-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Speedycop

Hmm... What are these "charge motion plates" you speak of and where can I get some and for how much? Any negative effect on fuel economy? Can you feel a difference? Is the difference worth the cost?
They are delete plates for the factory Charge Motion plates (little flaps that keep intake velocity up at lower rpm's). here's a link to buy a set:
http://www.suttonhp.com/store/item.a...PARTMENT_ID=85
Old 10-26-2005, 01:58 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

I bought mine for 300 shipped. The gas mileage stays the same and I know nobody believes me when I say this but I gained 17 rwhp with them. I dropped .2 tenths off my et and I trap 2 mph higher than I did before the delete plates. As far as mods to do I would do the delete plates, an intake, and a really good tune. If you can drive that well you will see 12s with just those mods. With my mods in my sig before the gears I dropped 4 tenths off my et and gained 4 mph in my traps.