Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Something finally went wrong after 9 years ...

Old 12-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

The TSB ofo the fuel pump I though was after cruising for a while, then stop, for like a toll booth, it would fall flat on its face once or twice then go.....

Anyway, yes change the plugs. I also heard the newer plug has been redesigned not to break in half?

I did mine around 72k

Old 12-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Stoenr
The TSB ofo the fuel pump I though was after cruising for a while, then stop, for like a toll booth, it would fall flat on its face once or twice then go.....

Anyway, yes change the plugs. I also heard the newer plug has been redesigned not to break in half?

I did mine around 72k

depends on what you mean by "newer" plug. If you you mean the newly design plug for 08+ built after Nov 2007, thats a different head, and ignition coil. Ford redesigned the plug to be a traditional one piece and it's shorter than the older style two-piece. It's not interchangeable unless you install the new heads and coils on your car.

Ford did reintroduce the two-piece design with a revised two-piece design. It's still a two piece and may still break. What they did is strengthened the joint where the upper spark plug and the long shaft meet. I believe it's too early to know for certain if their revised design is any good and by the time most people figure it out, it will be too far in the past for most to care.

I'll stick with Champion.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Ok revised, redesigned, tomato, tomáto, lol. But you can see a difference in the two. Mine had no issues coming out after 11 years 72k miles after soaking in Sea foam deep creep.

Search this Thread