Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need an opinion - coil pack experts ...

Old 01-23-2017, 10:52 AM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bl817
I'm saying it condescendingly, OP, you asked for info and got just that. now all your doing is trying to justify not buying OEM coil packs and that's fine, its your car. there is a lot of arguing and non agreement on a lot of things on this site but not once ever have I read anyone giving bad info to try and help someone that is truly wanting help. so go drive with your $100 coils and don't change your plugs. we will be here to help when one or both need changed. get the Lisle 65600 tool, my $.02. good luck
It would be interesting to find out who makes the Ford coil packs, because I'm guessing, just like sparkplugs, you'll get them much cheaper without the Ford box, just like the autolites are cheaper than the Motorcrafts, even though it's the same plug manufactured by autolite.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:31 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by flash_xx
It would be interesting to find out who makes the Ford coil packs, because I'm guessing, just like sparkplugs, you'll get them much cheaper without the Ford box, just like the autolites are cheaper than the Motorcrafts, even though it's the same plug manufactured by autolite.
My guess would be Borg Warner or Bosch. That is just a guess though and I could be completely wrong. I haven't ever found any information on that.

Borg Warner makes the transmission solenoid packs for the automatics and many of the other sensors for Ford. Bosch makes the O2 sensors for them.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:24 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

I think my O2 sensors were Denso or NGK, I replaced them with Bosch, they weren't throwing a code but apparently they were bad because the car feels better now, plus they are dirt cheap.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:27 PM
bl817
3rd Gear Member

none of these last responses have appeased the OP or his questions as he has gone to another forum to find the same answers. OEM motorcraft plugs are not autolite HT1 plugs.

Search this Thread