Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

07 GT Info/Setup/Reset/Cruise Control Lights Stay On

Old 03-19-2017, 04:08 PM
Shane Sheridan

Default 07 GT Info/Setup/Reset/Cruise Control Lights Stay On

A couple of week ago I took my car to the car wash after cleaning my K&N intake filter and changing my oil. While I was driving saw and heard water coming out from behind the glove box. The next night I went to start my car and it would not start.
Last night while walking the dog I notices some illumination coming from inside the car. I looked in and saw the cruise control lights on the steering wheel and the Info/Setup/Reset/TCS/Hazard Buttons light all illuminated.
Since then I have cleaned out the area and drain plug near the cabin filter. I could see that the cabin filter had a water line on it so I definitely know that I was getting water built up in there.
While researching I've seen people say that the smart junction box and fuse panels could have gotten wet from water leaking in. I checked all my fuses in there and they are good and not one of them caused those light to turn off. I am assuming based off of that I have a short with the wiring. Nothing in the owners manual identifies these buttons illumination source.
I have the battery disconnected now and am going to leave it disconnected for a few hours. Had it disconnected for about 10 minutes earlier.
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:07 PM
Gravydog316
2nd Gear Member

Probably your junction box got ruined by the water

Search this Thread