Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Cams

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 11:16 PM
cooperriver
1st Gear Member

I will have it checked out by a Performance Shop. She isn't my everyday rider. So I will not drive until I get the appointment. Unfortunely a lot of people here are taking the whole week off for the 4th of July. I could get it back on the brenspeed tune to drive it there.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:17 PM
cooperriver
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Really?? If you are asking that question you should really consider just owning a stock vehicle

Could you tell me how your car worked with your rockers? Did you get a retune?
Old 07-04-2017, 06:16 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cooperriver
Could you tell me how your car worked with your rockers? Did you get a retune?

I experienced some low end loss and high end gain with my butt dyno. I knew going in what to expect. I did not need a retune. The only thing I was concerned about was the OD light going in and out which was somewhat common back in the day when the hot rods and rockers first came out.

Do you know how to data log assuming you have a computer? IF so you should log and send it to them so they can look at it. When asking for a different tune I wouldn't ask for a torque tune I would just explain my cars responses and see if they have a different tune. When I have needed a retune much later in my build which does happen I have found them to be willing and easy to deal with.

You should know not to run the car on a totally incorrect tune. You need to do your share of researching and reading. You need to take the time and educate yourself on the basics. Otherwise you will cost yourself a motor and nobody is going to back you on a purchase of new motor b/c you didn't know what you were doing.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:21 PM
cooperriver
1st Gear Member

I have called them and they said they discussed the problem and are answerless on how to fix it. I'm new here but these are my mods with the tune I had before the cams.

C/L Cold Air Intake with Brenspeed 93 tune.
Steeda Under drive Pullys
Mac Prochamber with cats
Mac Axlebacks
4.10 gears

My point is the first tune I enjoy better considering how the powerband is set up. I like lower end torque. I don't want to fly on the interstate. I like the initial blast off the line. Even with this tune I felt horsepower difference. With the cam tune it feels way too lazy. I know the cams were installed right because I had my original car back with the first tune. I'm going for a re-tune. I don't know why the last one they gave me is not satisfactory.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:42 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

If you low end torque then cams probably aren't the best fit for you and what you want to achieve. Im guess you have an manual tranny. If you have an auto a torque converter is probably right up there with a supercharger in terms of totally changing the cars performance

You haven't said anything about a data log which i would think they would be after if you can do it.

Originally Posted by cooperriver
I have called them and they said they discussed the problem and are answerless on how to fix it. I'm new here but these are my mods with the tune I had before the cams.

C/L Cold Air Intake with Brenspeed 93 tune.
Steeda Under drive Pullys
Mac Prochamber with cats
Mac Axlebacks
4.10 gears

My point is the first tune I enjoy better considering how the powerband is set up. I like lower end torque. I don't want to fly on the interstate. I like the initial blast off the line. Even with this tune I felt horsepower difference. With the cam tune it feels way too lazy. I know the cams were installed right because I had my original car back with the first tune. I'm going for a re-tune. I don't know why the last one they gave me is not satisfactory.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:19 PM
cooperriver
1st Gear Member

I reloaded the Brenspeed tune today and returned it to default settings and now she is a rocketship. Car pulls strong on bottom and top end. Yes highly recommended. Somehow the parameters must of been changed. I didn't load the initial tune the shop who did the cam work did. He said he changed the rpms on idle and I'm wondering if he changed other things by mistake. Oh well the end I say. Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:10 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

good to here, in the future I would tell the shop not to mess with any of the settings on the tuner.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:53 AM
cooperriver
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
good to here, in the future I would tell the shop not to mess with any of the settings on the tuner.

It's not easy omitting a mistake as this but maybe it will be a learning experience for future customers. I was so close to paying a shop five hundred dollars for a new tune. I'm not familiar with the x4 like my SCT2. We need instructions on these things. A engine is nothing to be in error about. For what it is worth I wrote Brenspeed and told them the news. They are probably happy to finally hear me shut up but I tried to make it right with them. Guys and Gals these cams are very much worth it. I feel great to have them and will be enjoying them for years to come. Now if I could find some loud pipes to enjoy them more. Any suggestions? I have the Mac Axlebacks and I have the prochamber with cats which actually made the sound quieter but by butt dyno says it helped my cause.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:01 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

you might look at flow master american thunder axle back. its what i had. without cats they were nice. I would a lot of compliments. But as i got older I have since replaced them with a less aggressive axle back. Damn old age
Old 08-02-2017, 03:22 PM
AuburnFalcon

I added Roush Extreme Preformance cat backs on my 09'. They're a muffler delete with resonator set up. Not really loud except when you want it to be.
My neighbor says she doesn't need a alarm clock. I wake her up when I leave for work in the morning.