Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New computers and now sensors not resetting

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 08:28 PM
Boogiestang
1st Gear Member

Default New computers and now sensors not resetting

On my 05 Mustang gt I hand to purchase a new refurbished computer for the car because my original froze due to it being reflashed several times due to having to put the stock tune back into it so I can pass plug in emissions testing in NC. So I got the computer, installed it and had a friend of mine reprogram the thing for both keys. It runs good and I drove it roughly 350 miles but the evap and converters are still not set up for emissions testing requirements. Car does have a cold air and off road h pipe with mil eliminators plugged into them. I have owned the car 10 years and have never had a problem with it resetting when returned back to the stock tune and driving it 100 miles or so. I am wondering if it is the new computer or what. I have the factory cats and intake and really hate to return everything back to stock but I might have no choice to get it to pass emissions. It is a 4.6 5 speed car with 82k on it. Runs like a champ but not according to emissions standards. Oh and there is no check engine light on so no codes are in the computer. Any suggestions?
Old 08-21-2017, 10:04 AM
bl817
3rd Gear Member

when you changed your comp, did you 1) take stock tune off bad comp 2) let your tuner know the code for the comp you installed and I hope your not using Bama, jus sayin. evap is a separate issue from the cat or O2 sensors not ready. do you have the O/R H that eliminates just the cats or are you running LT headers? front or rear O2 have the MIL eliminators? I would assume rear. need a bit more info.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:13 AM
Boogiestang
1st Gear Member

I got a new computer set up with a stock tune already loaded into it with my vin and vehicle type. I had to send my sct tuner back to sct to unlocked and they sent it back with no tune in it. Just like buying one off the shelf but with no tunes loaded into it. I had shorty headers with the mil eliminators plugged into the rear o2 sensors. I was told to drive it around town at 30 to 40 miles per hour as this should help reset the sensors. I was just driving it on the highway trying to get them to reset.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:59 PM
bl817
3rd Gear Member

I'm still confused. you have shorty headers (no tune needed) and an OR H that basically eliminates the cats, so tune needed to turn off rear O2 sensors or mil things that need removed. so all you have is the JLT intake (tune needed) and OR H. having the cats wont hinder anything until you go way beyond the HP you have now. I would suggest putting the stock H back on and running with all 4 O2 sensors working. the rear O2 sensors will never come ready to pass emissions.