Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2008 gt won't start needin help

Old 09-22-2017, 01:43 AM
Steven05

Default 2008 gt won't start needin help

Thanks in advance for any help guys. I was driving through town coming to a red light when I lost throttle response an car was just barely idling bouncing from almost no rpms to 500 rpms then died. I checked DTCs and it had a malfunction on every coil pack A through H an one about my cooling fan. Gauge on fuel rail is reading pressure at almost 50 psi so pump is working, I checked voltage on crank sensor and cam sensors they were good but I went and bought new ones just to be sure but still no start, don't even sound like it's trying to start motor is just turning over. I had just got gas previous day so started thinking bad gas an tune might be to aggressive so I turned my tune down to the 91 octane tune but still wont start. I verified 5 volt reference voltage from PCM to throttle body and mass air so im assuming the PCM is working right. After clearing DTC codes no other codes have come back on. I am at a loss I don't know what else to check
Old 09-22-2017, 03:44 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Just going to ask, how is alternator and battery? Battery cables?
Old 09-22-2017, 04:06 AM
Steven05

Battery is good shows 12.4v on meter red top optima bought about 5 months ago cables are good and clean. I read that if a diode shorts out on alternator it can send to much ac current back to PCM so I took it off and took it to O'Reilly's to test but they said because it's the type that connects to PCM the only way they could test it was on the car with it running it confused me a little because if a diode shorts out and messes with PCM enough where it won't crank how are you supposed to verify an know for sure your alternator is bad if the only way you can test it is with it on the car and running. So not really sure about alternator but I haven't had any problems with my battery dying or having low voltage so I just put it back on the car
Old 09-22-2017, 08:15 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Have you checked if there's a spark reaching the plugs?
You might also want to check if the injectors are working normally.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:54 AM
Steven05

UPDATE.....Thanks for the help fellas, I really appreciate it. This morning I started at square one checking things decided to pull fuses anything that could of been associated with the problem found my # 40 engine #2 15 amp fuse was blown cranked right up...

Search this Thread