Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Switch Illumination

Old 10-09-2017, 07:08 PM
zacharoni16

Default Switch Illumination

Recently, I purchased a used 2011 Ford Mustang GT California Special, loaded, with leather seats, nav, etc. I noticed the next night when I first drove it that the steering wheel switches, PRND321 shifter, and the Menu, Reset, Buttons on the left hand side do not illuminate.

I found out Fuse #10, a 15 Amper, was blown for "Switch Illumination". I replaced the fuse, and it still does not light any of the affected components. The strange thing is, the new fuse is not blown, and hasn't blown.

Anybody know of any troubleshooting or common issues that could cause this?

Also, I noticed the passenger power seat works except it will not go back and forth. The fuse is not blown and the motor sounds like it does not even energize. The lumbar and tilt work though. Could be the seat switch (Rain got on it)?

Thanks!

Last edited by zacharoni16; 10-09-2017 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:39 AM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Run a carfax and check if the car has flood damage. That sounds like the Smart Junction Box, which can get damaged if water gets in

Search this Thread