Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Electrical Problems!! Getting desperate!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 10:04 AM
John Luke Robinson

Default Electrical Problems!! Getting desperate!!

Hey everybody.

So I had a bunch of electrical problems in my 06 GT Convertible (no horn, no headlights, doors didn't auto lock when car started moving, driver seat didn't move, windshield wipers only worked on the fastest setting and got stuck on other two settings). Did research and came up with two main issues it could be, SJB and Multifunction Switch.

First I replaced the Multifunction Switch (cheaper) and still, nothing.

Took me a while to get to the SJB (Hurricane Irma, other expenses) but I replaced the SJB. Immediately, the horn worked, and the doors auto-locked as the car started moving. So I figured to box was good and just needed to be reprogrammed.

Took it to Ford to have it reprogrammed, but when I got the car back, still no lights and still having other electrical problems. Called Ford this morning and they said that the reprogramming went fine and whoever told me to replace the SJB "probably didn't know what they were talking about."

Am I missing something? Is there something else that needs to be replaced? Does it need to be reprogrammed again, but properly? Did Ford sham me for 120 bucks?

I still have the old SJB.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:42 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

if you are still having issues, then pick one and troubleshoot it
all the way to a conclusion. it might help figure out any other
problems.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:34 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I doubt this will help, but on my 2015 F150, I had a similar issue, headlights, turn signals, windows, door locks radio, even dash didn't work. vehicle started and ran, but as you noted only the high speed wipers worked, etc. It felt like a computer issue, so I ended up disconnecting the battery for a 'reboot'. I would have to believe the problem is somewhere at or having to do with the SJB, since the engine runs (PCM working), you could check all the fuses in the BEC, then move onto the SJB fuses. Beyond that, no idea.