Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

05 Cervini tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 08:29 PM
Boogiestang
1st Gear Member

Default 05 Cervini tail lights

Around 5 years ago I installed a set of the Shelby style Cervini taillights. The ones that go all the way across the back. I really like them but had a couple problems with them. First set leaked water and they replaced them no problem. Now 3 years later the right side has no brake light when the brakes are applied. Left side works great but no such luck on the right side. I have no brake lights at any time on the right side. Running lights work when the headlights are on but no brake light when pedal is applied. Right side is completely dead. Sometimes they both work but usually only the left side has a brake light. Cervini products are good quality and I have purchased several parts from them over the years but has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you solve it? I had always said you gotta have the whooo for the gooo and your brake lights gotta show. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Boogie
Old 07-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Boogiestang
1st Gear Member

I unbolted both right and left side taillights and switched they. Right to left and left to right. After doing so the left side was out and the right side was fine telling me the problem is in the led board of the right side taillight. And to make matters worse Cervini no longer makes the taillight kit. Part number 7265. So I guess these will have to come out and I will have to get a different set. $700 for a taillight kit that had 2 different issues. Oh well
Old 07-10-2017, 04:59 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boogiestang
And to make matters worse Cervini no longer makes the taillight kit. Part number 7265. So I guess these will have to come out and I will have to get a different set. $700 for a taillight kit that had 2 different issues. Oh well
You could try contacting Cervini directly. Hopefully they can help you.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:18 AM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Leds are finicky, that's why I avoid them like the plague on my car. On my house they are great. Running 100% Leds with no problems, but in cars, they tend to overheat and/or desolder. Most aftermarket car leds are crap. Since you already spent the money, try fixing them. It might be as easy as a bad contact. take it to someone who knows electronics.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:39 PM
Boogiestang
1st Gear Member

I contacted Cervini directly and they worked with me. They sent me a new right side light assembly and now they work great. I applaud them for the help and for working with me on this issue. Well done.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:26 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

So they still sell those? Good for them on the service, that's so rare nowadays.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:16 AM
Boogiestang
1st Gear Member

I don't think they still sell them, I have not seen any ads for them anywhere. I am very happy with their help and to be honest a little amazed at the way they helped me out of a stuck situation. 2 thumbs up.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:54 AM
Nickz33

Default Will pay full cash!

I am looking for a Cervini’s 2005-2009 taillight conversion kit fully functional I will pay whatever you ask for it! Please let me know if anyone has one feel free to message me or email me! Thank you
Old 04-04-2018, 06:40 AM
Boogiestang
1st Gear Member

I am sorry but I sold the car.