Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

drag strip closing for good

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 01:35 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

Default drag strip closing for good

anybody out there in the baltimore/DC area FYI: last day for 75-80 dragway is today sunday oct.30.this is the end of my convenient 5 minute trip to the track! gates open at 9am i'll be there as soon as i get a shorter belt. just installed the march lower pulley, mezeire pump,rk sport ram air hood. hope it's enough to run 12's. i'll be stoked if i can run a 12.99 with the stock paper air filter and inlet.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Twister086
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: drag strip closing for good

here it is 615pm on sunday
damn i wish i would have read this earlier today 75-80 is(well was) my second home track. hey spyder, im going to MIR sunday the 6th for the world cup finals you should roll down.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:23 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spyder7724

anybody out there in the baltimore/DC area FYI: last day for 75-80 dragway is today sunday oct.30.this is the end of my convenient 5 minute trip to the track! gates open at 9am i'll be there as soon as i get a shorter belt. just installed the march lower pulley, mezeire pump,rk sport ram air hood. hope it's enough to run 12's. i'll be stoked if i can run a 12.99 with the stock paper air filter and inlet.
Crap, I forgot (I'm about 10 miles south of Westminster)! Lots of memories there. I was there for the Ford show a few weeks back, and just forgot about the last day.

Ah well, Mason Dixon isn't that much further...

John
Old 10-30-2005, 10:11 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

world cup finals? is that an IHRA national event or a special thing done by the track? i know they are having the import vs. domestic soon.

i'll be at mason dixon on sunday trying out my new converter. see ya there jw.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:37 AM
Twister086
2nd Gear Member

world cup finals is imports vs domestics and its this sunday november 6th, i have a few people going down with me on both sides of the line. would be nice to put some other new GT's in the domestic side to show import kiddies that mustangs arent 14 second cars anymore...that would be a good time to test your new convertor, MIR is about the best around... have a feeling theres gonna be alot of LS1 firepower down there. do you local guys (frederick MD) know anywhere i could get a set 17inch M/T drag radials this week? i have spare rims but no spare rubber. and do any of you guys know anyone who would be interested in getting there work down at a new performance shop? i have a friend looking to open his own performance shop next year... ill most likely work there on my days off

LINK for imports vs. domestics - - - - - - >http://www.mirdrag.com/worldcup/
Old 10-31-2005, 10:22 AM
TattooTears
4th Gear Member

Damn, I got the message a day to late, would have like to gone there after church.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:27 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

world cup finals? is that an IHRA national event or a special thing done by the track? i know they are having the import vs. domestic soon.

i'll be at mason dixon on sunday trying out my new converter. see ya there jw.
Sunday Nov 6 is my birthday (48 years young!) and will be at the Show Before the Snow in Westminster (the mall parking lot off 140). I'm not going to be visiting the track anymore until spring. By then I should have my headers, x-pipe, new shifter, springs, strut tower brace and perhaps a custom tune done. But, you guys want to get together for a Mustang cruise-in and have lunch some cold weekend day, just let me know. I'll come out if there's no winter crud on the road. Either PM me or send an email.

John
Old 10-31-2005, 11:26 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

i'm in for the cruise same goes with e-mail for me.

i just may go to MIR to test. JJ at woodbine performance has the car now putting the converter in. i didn't have access to my dads shop since he went to FL to race at moroso, orlando and bradenton. first time i've ever paid another mechanic to work on any car of mine! i just couldn't wait a month for him to get back! i want to run 12's before the end of the season.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:25 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

i'm in for the cruise same goes with e-mail for me.

i just may go to MIR to test. JJ at woodbine performance has the car now putting the converter in. i didn't have access to my dads shop since he went to FL to race at moroso, orlando and bradenton. first time i've ever paid another mechanic to work on any car of mine! i just couldn't wait a month for him to get back! i want to run 12's before the end of the season.
Where is Woodbine Performance? I'm fairly new to Carroll County and the only speed shop I've visited (no work done, just poked around) was in Mt. Airy. I live near the junction of rts 26 and 27 halfway between Mt. Airy and Westminster...

John
Old 11-02-2005, 04:29 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

jwgroovin
woodbine performance is located on gillis falls road about 5-10 minutes from you. i'll e-mail you the phone #. jj is a smart guy and he's rally good with s/c cars. i'm going today to pick mine up. just had the converter put in and a steeda cai(bought it from a guy that has a black procharged gt(watch out for a black one that sucker makes 460 rwhp!).

Quick Reply: drag strip closing for good