MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   Ford Racing Intake Manifold and Ford Racing throttle Body (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/736787-ford-racing-intake-manifold-and-ford-racing-throttle-body.html)

cooperriver 02-09-2019 12:30 PM

Ford Racing Intake Manifold and Ford Racing throttle Body

I have this:
4.10 gears
C/L Cold Air Intake
Brenspeed Detriot Rocker Cams
Steeda Underdrive Pullys
Mac Axlebacks
Brenspeed Tune

I'm in the process of buying the Kooks Longtube headers with H-pipe with cats and maybe the Ford Racing Manifold with the 62mm throttle body. I know the kooks is worth it but can someone please tell me if the Throttle Body and Intake Manifold make a difference? A course Brenspeed will supply a new tune. Help please.

Dino Dino Bambino 02-10-2019 04:26 AM

The Ford Performance intake manifold & 62mm TB will yield a peak to peak gain of about 14rwhp, with performance gains seen only from ~5200rpm upwards.
Given that the stock valve springs are rated to 6800rpm, the benefits will be in a narrow 1600rpm band. Therefore I'd only do the manifold/TB after upgrading to CNC ported heads with stiffer valve springs, and upgrading to SPR cams that can take advantage of the higher head flow. Then you could raise the rev limit to ~7200rpm.
Otherwise if you have NSR cams like the Detroit Rockers and stock heads, I'd suggest you stick with the stock intake manifold/TB.

cooperriver 02-10-2019 08:10 AM

Thanks, Dino, I remember talking to you before. You have your **** together. I'm thinking of leaving the throttle body out to get a new driveshaft. Have you gotten your car back to working o.k?

Dino Dino Bambino 02-10-2019 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by cooperriver (Post 8645650)
Have you gotten your car back to working o.k?

My car's been working great since the day I bought it bone stock more than five years ago. :icon_mrgreen: I'm always looking for something to upgrade though, and that's the effect of being incurably infected with mod fever.

cooperriver 02-10-2019 10:31 AM

I thought you only had the Cold Air Intake and maybe pullys? How did your mods hurt it? Mine seems well and healthy. Laugh but I cleaned my throttle body and the car ran like it hadn't in years.

Dino Dino Bambino 02-11-2019 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by cooperriver (Post 8645654)
I thought you only had the Cold Air Intake and maybe pullys? How did your mods hurt it?

​​​​​​
I think you have me confused with someone else. I have a JLT series 3 CAI, DIY CMDPs, Steeda UDPs, Ford Performance X-pipe, Pypes high flow cats , DSS aluminum driveshaft, and Brenspeed 91 octane tune. Gained 40rwhp/40rwtq over stock and I'm very happy.

Derf00 02-11-2019 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by cooperriver (Post 8645622)
I have this:
4.10 gears
C/L Cold Air Intake
Brenspeed Detriot Rocker Cams
Steeda Underdrive Pullys
Mac Axlebacks
Brenspeed Tune

I'm in the process of buying the Kooks Longtube headers with H-pipe with cats and maybe the Ford Racing Manifold with the 62mm throttle body. I know the kooks is worth it but can someone please tell me if the Throttle Body and Intake Manifold make a difference? A course Brenspeed will supply a new tune. Help please.

The Stock TB is good unless you get higher flowing heads or upgrade your fuel system from adding FI otherwise, they are not the bottleneck in your air/fuel system.