Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hi all

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 08:14 PM
jjdelgado

Default Hi all

Well, i just drove home my new beauty - a white '06 Stang GT!

And, though it's fast, of course, I'd like to do add some economical mods to give it a little more go-juice!

I've been reading through the posts and I can't quite get a handle on one thing... If I install a CAI do I have to replace any sensors or do any computer flashes/tunes?

As for a computer flash, is that just a reset?

Or can I just install the CAI and go on about my business?

Also, I just discovered throttle body spacers - from the looks of the ait intake manifold, it doesn't look to me like a TBS would do much good - can someone give me the goods on this?

Finally, has anyone here tried replacing their mufflers with a set from Aeroturbine? Were they worth the money?

Thanks for all the great info!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:56 PM
jjdelgado

Default RE: Hi all

And what's a charge motion plate?
Old 11-08-2005, 12:03 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

the charge motion plate is a device that has a throttle blade in each intake port that induces tumble and swirl to the a/f mixture for a better burn in the cylinder. delete plates will make alittle more power but for $300 i'd get a flash tuner first that will net you about 3X the power for about $400 plus you will need it for almost every mod on this car. and you can use it to read trouble codes in any OBD2 ford car or truck . i have a sct xcal2 from alternative auto in michigan.he's the best for an auto as per sct. you won't believe the difference in drivability and performance with a good tune on a auto car. i imagine a stick car is the same.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:01 PM
jjdelgado

Thanks!

So, even at stock, the flash programmer can make that big a difference, huh?

And as I mod, how will I know how to adjust the program? What about cumulative mod add-ons?

The first thing I wanted to do was a CAI, but even that requires a flash programmer!

Please be patient, I'm new at this - this will be the start of my mod odyssey.

Old 11-08-2005, 11:12 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

it depends on the mod. for gears the flash tuner will allow you to change the speedo for them but for a cai you will need the help of a dealer to set the mass air transfer function. without doing this the engine will lean out and actually lose power. i just tested that and it is true. i switched to a different tune in my programmer that was not set up for my cai and the car lost about.12 sec. 1/4 mile and 2mph. tuner is definitly first thing i'd do. it was the first thing i did and the difference in my auto was awesome! catch2nd and 3rd gears plus no more throttle lag or power reduction during take off or shifting. i ran 13.70 just with a tune in my auto.