Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cervinis Eleanor Kit, should I or should I not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Cervinis Eleanor Kit, should I or should I not?

I too looked at the Cervini's kit and thought, when I get my new Mustang, that's what I want it to look like. Tungsten Grey with the black racing stripes!

But like Krazed pointed out, there's more than one way to get the kit.

Someone else pointed out that there are other companies that make the Eleanor body kits, who are they? I have only seen the Cervini's...
Old 03-18-2007, 01:23 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blackhawk

I too looked at the Cervini's kit and thought, when I get my new Mustang, that's what I want it to look like. Tungsten Grey with the black racing stripes!

But like Krazed pointed out, there's more than one way to get the kit.

Someone else pointed out that there are other companies that make the Eleanor body kits, who are they? I have only seen the Cervini's...
Now THAT is how to revive a dead thread :P

I have the Cervini's kit but the other companies that make similare kits are Blow By Racing, and Ronaele. The Blow By kit is nice I just prefer the sharper edges of the Cervini's kit. Both are great quality.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

You like that?
Old 03-19-2007, 10:57 AM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattblasi
Now THAT is how to revive a dead thread :P
Really! I was wondering how I missed this thread but then looked at the dates after you said that. I bought my car Tungsten with the purpose of have this kit done. -Joe
Old 03-21-2007, 05:36 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Matt and Joe have great cars! I have the kit as well and do not regret a thing. I didn't pay 12,000 dollars for installation and did the install with a friend who is an exp paint and body guy. J
Old 03-21-2007, 09:56 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Well if you are trying to create a different look Eleanor is everywhere, so not actually different.
Not really "old school" either since it came from "Gone in Sixty Seconds" and never existed before that.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:18 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zkiller

Well if you are trying to create a different look Eleanor is everywhere, so not actually different.
Not really "old school" either since it came from "Gone in Sixty Seconds" and never existed before that.

That is the reason I am changing mine up a bit ove the course of this year. I'll be going with a different hood, changing up the stripe design and changing from the Foose wheels to something else. I'm also trying to find someone to make a custom grill setup to move my large fog lights back up but still have the grill in the center bottom so it is not wide open (will be hiding the intercooler ;p).
Old 03-21-2007, 02:24 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Oh well, love my cheesy car, and trust me.....the resale is great. This is my second one, the first was tungsten.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:04 PM
egmotorsports

Ive been working on an upgrade for the 2005 and up stangs. Ive posted pics in my album. Ive taken my 2005 stang reshaped the front fenders to it the 2010 headlights. This was a pain in the but but now the car has the 2011 Eleanor kit. I am presently making molds to do this conversion and will be selling these in the future. makes the 2005-2009 cars look a lot more agressive. I'll try to post the url here. Im a newbie so im just learning how this site works
Old 06-24-2011, 03:15 AM
ModMe
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SallyPickett
Appearance mods that are "acceptable", in my humble opinion: chrome exhaust tips and tires (not wheels/rims)... of course, if it'll help you MOVE faster and HANDLE better, than go for it. Otherwise, don't be a RICER.
Yeah, tell Chip Foose he builds Ricer cars.......I don't think so. "Eleanor" is just pure sexy. It doesn't have to be original or retro or flashy to be "Sexy". If you don't get that, just go buy a Honda accord or Toyota Prius and enjoy what the factory gives you.....LOL.

I love the eleanor kit, but I want to be a little different and that kit is getting to be real popular and a little overdone IMO. At the end of the day, you are the one looking at the car and admiring it so do what YOU want and forget the wanna bees.