Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cervinis Eleanor Kit, should I or should I not?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 04:31 PM
BennieBlancoNY

Default Cervinis Eleanor Kit, should I or should I not?

Hey everyone.. newbie here!

I just picked up my Silver 06 GT and I am loving it. I am interested in the Cervinis Eleanor kit, but have been told it looks cheesy. Has anyone seen the kit on a Pony in person? I love the hood, side and door scoops and front end but can do without the side exhausts. Any opinions would be great! I want to make my GT look different from all the ponys I have seen where I live, give it a distinct look.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:38 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Cervinis Eleanor Kit, should I or should I not?

Well this is pretty close as far as looks.... I don't know if it is a cervini's or not, but it looks like it is. Expect something like this as far as looks go, not sound or performance

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=05+mustang+gt

edit: That car doesn't have a ducktail spoiler, so use your imagination. Also how much are you willing to spend on all this? I ask because you don't want an all show no go car, so engine mods will be pricey
Old 11-13-2005, 10:50 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

i like the eleanor kit...on someone elses car. it's pretty expensive though. probably would be a booty catcher! chicks love eleanor! off the subject for a minute... i saw two saleen s281 at the track today. only one ran and the guy must be an idiot cause he only ran 13.90's.[sm=laughat.gif] hell of a way to spend $62,000!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 03:34 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

I have yet to see the new s281 in person. My teacher has the n/a 05 281 and is slapping on the saleen s/c kit. I have yet to check his car out in the parking lot, but its black so I can only imagine.
ORIGINAL: spyder7724

i like the eleanor kit...on someone elses car. it's pretty expensive though. probably would be a booty catcher! chicks love eleanor! off the subject for a minute... i saw two saleen s281 at the track today. only one ran and the guy must be an idiot cause he only ran 13.90's.[sm=laughat.gif] hell of a way to spend $62,000!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 03:47 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

I was pacing, well .... more like being paced... by a supercharged 05 saleen on I-10 east a few weeks ago for like 5 miles or so. It was fun watching it go, and it was a deep blue.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:59 AM
05zexstang
1st Gear Member

Did you hear that cam? Damn that thing sounds mean I can't wait to get one. Only thing is it costs over 800$. I'm 22 and my insurance is through the roof. I am dedicated to my car and I'll have to make some sacrifices. Is anyone else making 300$ a month insurance payments on their 05?
Old 11-14-2005, 12:33 PM
my05mustang

If you just want a hood you can get one at www.championfiberglassproducts.com for $349.00 They make a Shelby and a Eleanor for the same price.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:34 PM
SallyPickett

Call me a purist, a simplton or just a 32 year old 'old fart', but I personally think that adding a great deal of non-performance-enhancing mods (exterior appearance kits, etc.) is cheesy. I think it 'cheapens' the car's appearance... making it out to be something its not. It's VERY RICER to add a bunch of appearace stuff.

Too much show for the same go.

Keep it simple & original for the most part... as far as looks go. All I can think of are those freaks with neon lights under the car, huge spoilers, sitting (laying down) in their cars, etc. etc. etc. The mustang is an American car with PROUD, DECADES-LONG HERITAGE. Deviating from that heritage is sacrilege... and, once again, very RICER.

Ricers mod their car's appearance because their cars are generally UGLY and have NO heritage. Your 05/06 Mustang is gorgeous... straight from the factory. Especially due to the 'retro' styling, the appearance mods are that much more 'ridiculous' to consider.

I'm ranting, but why slap on a ton of cheap (not in actual cost, but in production expense) plastic that was NEVER MEANT to be on such a classy car? Hence the term "cheapen".

Appearance mods that are "acceptable", in my humble opinion: chrome exhaust tips and tires (not wheels/rims)... of course, if it'll help you MOVE faster and HANDLE better, than go for it. Otherwise, don't be a RICER.

Your car's gonna be a CLASSIC someday, so long as the junk stays off it.

If you want further recognition, keep your car immaculate and spotless. Let the shine off of the paint and its factory-produced stunning looks do the rest.

If you need more attention than what this awesome car gives, talk to a psychologist; mommy & daddy may not have paid enough attention to you when you were younger. Seriously. Cool is subtle confidence, not something that SHOUTS "Look at me"...

To be even further blunt, when I'm driving my stock 06 GT and I see another mustang, regardless of year, all "Riced" out, I'm embarrassed... muscle cars *your Mustang GT) are just that: Muscle cars (harken to the 60's/70s). Not "fast and furious" ****-rods/fart cars, etc.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:41 PM
my05mustang

Don't sugar coat it!! Tell us how you really feel
Old 11-14-2005, 07:03 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SallyPickett

Call me a purist, a simplton or just a 32 year old 'old fart', but I personally think that adding a great deal of non-performance-enhancing mods (exterior appearance kits, etc.) is cheesy. I think it 'cheapens' the car's appearance... making it out to be something its not. It's VERY RICER to add a bunch of appearace stuff.

Too much show for the same go.

Keep it simple & original for the most part... as far as looks go. All I can think of are those freaks with neon lights under the car, huge spoilers, sitting (laying down) in their cars, etc. etc. etc. The mustang is an American car with PROUD, DECADES-LONG HERITAGE. Deviating from that heritage is sacrilege... and, once again, very RICER.

Ricers mod their car's appearance because their cars are generally UGLY and have NO heritage. Your 05/06 Mustang is gorgeous... straight from the factory. Especially due to the 'retro' styling, the appearance mods are that much more 'ridiculous' to consider.

I'm ranting, but why slap on a ton of cheap (not in actual cost, but in production expense) plastic that was NEVER MEANT to be on such a classy car? Hence the term "cheapen".

Appearance mods that are "acceptable", in my humble opinion: chrome exhaust tips and tires (not wheels/rims)... of course, if it'll help you MOVE faster and HANDLE better, than go for it. Otherwise, don't be a RICER.

Your car's gonna be a CLASSIC someday, so long as the junk stays off it.

If you want further recognition, keep your car immaculate and spotless. Let the shine off of the paint and its factory-produced stunning looks do the rest.

If you need more attention than what this awesome car gives, talk to a psychologist; mommy & daddy may not have paid enough attention to you when you were younger. Seriously. Cool is subtle confidence, not something that SHOUTS "Look at me"...

To be even further blunt, when I'm driving my stock 06 GT and I see another mustang, regardless of year, all "Riced" out, I'm embarrassed... muscle cars *your Mustang GT) are just that: Muscle cars (harken to the 60's/70s). Not "fast and furious" ****-rods/fart cars, etc.
yeah well i want to use my C&L when i someday get the saleen supercharger, and it won't fit with the current hood, so I will get a different one that has the clearance, clarence

Quick Reply: Cervinis Eleanor Kit, should I or should I not?