Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BRENSPEED DYNO TESTS OFF ROAD H-PIPE

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 12:50 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: BRENSPEED DYNO TESTS OFF ROAD H-PIPE

How about a high flow on road X or H pipe. I am in VA and we have to have some kind of cats to pass state inspection.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:04 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

You said it is plug & play without a re-tune. What about the CO2 sensors - I'm assuming there are connections in the pipe for these. Won't that set off the CIL without turning them off in the tune?? What is this pipe made of - is it ALUMINIZED or is it a true STAINLESS??

Sounds interesting indeed, but I think I'd rather spend a few more bucks for a stainless X from MAC. Can you elaborate on what the complaints are your getting on the X pipes??
Old 11-22-2005, 12:28 AM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

You said it is plug & play without a re-tune. What about the CO2 sensors - I'm assuming there are connections in the pipe for these. Won't that set off the CIL without turning them off in the tune?? What is this pipe made of - is it ALUMINIZED or is it a true STAINLESS??

Sounds interesting indeed, but I think I'd rather spend a few more bucks for a stainless X from MAC. Can you elaborate on what the complaints are your getting on the X pipes??
So far from all the off road X pipe customers a handful has gotten check engine lights. As for the H pipe the car I have it on has not gotten a light yet but that is not a good sample. If lights do come on MIL elimantors can eliminate them or of course our tune. We dont charge for re-tunes to current customers when purchasing a new part and MIL's can be had for cost if a customer buys an H pipe during the pre-sale and gets a light.

The H pipe is aluminzed. It was designed for the customers that requested low priced off road H pipe that would make power.

The complaints with the X pipe are the pitch it makes with certain mufflers. Some mufflers are designed for X pipes and others just sound like a Honda with it. The H helps lower the tone a bit. We stock the stainless X pipes from Mac also and they are popular for guys who like X pipes.

Old 11-22-2005, 11:34 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Sorry if this is a stupid question - but what is MIL?
Old 11-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Murphyd311

I want sound and performance, is the H the way to go then? Are the gains greater for the X? What mufflers work with the X that don't sound ricey? (Refering to offroad pipes for both H and X)