Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hood scoop opinons - Post your thoughts!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 02:16 AM
BennieBlancoNY

Default Hood scoop opinons - Post your thoughts!

What's up people. I want to say... I love my GT. I owned a 03 previous to this 06 and let me tell ya, what a great job Ford did! I LOVE IT

Ok....

What scoops look the best on a stock GT hood? Note there will be stripes coming down the hood!

One more thing... I decided to ditch Cervinis Eleanor and keep the clean classic look but making it a little more aggressive looking.
Magnaflow magnapack and Steeda CAI tuned with a Predator TOMM... WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 11-17-2005, 02:26 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hood scoop opinons - Post your thoughts!

I went with this hood scoop from Classic Design Concepts because I liked the way it looks. It is a non-functional hood scoop and I didn't care about that I bought it at Mustangs Unlimited because they had the best price. Here is a picture of it on my car. The picture is a little blurred buy it gives you an idea. I painted it the color of the body of the car because I wanted to breakup the black double width stripes. It also covers the windshield washers and they give you a kit to relocate them onto the wiper arms. There are also 7 bolts that hold it in place and they also use 3M tape to seal it up. They provide a template so you don't make any mistakes drilling the holes.

I have to say, they did a good job on this one.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:05 PM
BennieBlancoNY

How was the insallation? Are your window washers still functional? Looks pretty clean. I am also thinking of striping my pony. Gun metal from bumper to chin spoiler.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:10 PM
05sonic_bluGT
1st Gear Member

momma always said.........."if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all"....
Old 11-17-2005, 05:33 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BennieBlancoNY

How was the insallation? Are your window washers still functional? Looks pretty clean. I am also thinking of striping my pony. Gun metal from bumper to chin spoiler.
Installation went smooth, I had my wifes cousin install it for me. He has the room and time and owns a body shop. The window washer are still functional as they were relocated to the wiper arms. Now no more mess on the hood when you use them. If you want to be different about your stripes, go to Graphic Express or Bob White Decals and get some different ideas for yourself. Even if you are going to get them painted on, these sites can give you ideas.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:34 PM
BennieBlancoNY

I totally dig the turn indicators on the scoop. A buddy of mine owns a 69 Mach one... The indicators are also on the scoop.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:39 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

i have an rk sport hood with functional ram air. if you check ebay once in a while they sell these cheap. i got mine straight from rk sport for $219+shipping!!! its normally $700-800+shipping.they also have one that looks like a 69 shelby. that would look great with stripes.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I like my CDC Shaker Hood Scoop... nothing like it!
Old 11-18-2005, 05:06 PM
BennieBlancoNY

If I do a shaker hood, can I still do the steeda CAI?
Old 12-03-2005, 02:48 PM
tradetheoex
1st Gear Member

I just had the shaker hood scoop installed and blacked out the center of the hood. I had to trim the scoop base a little but it still worked with my C & L CAI. I think the kit will work with the Steeda CAI as well with a little tweeking.

Quick Reply: Hood scoop opinons - Post your thoughts!