Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What's next?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default What's next?

I have the C/L induction kit with Brenspeed tune, now should I get pullys or the off road pype h-pipe from brenspeed next? Or should I say bump it and save up for some long tube headers? Motorhead professionals please entervene and tell me what I should do next? I'm afraid to go with a 4:10 gear because I have an extended warranty and I'm thinking it could work on my engine too hard. Then the dealership will not cover me.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:37 PM
dynojoe

Default RE: What's next?

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

I have the C/L induction kit with Brenspeed tune, now should I get pullys or the off road pype h-pipe from brenspeed next? Or should I say bump it and save up for some long tube headers? Motorhead professionals please entervene and tell me what I should do next? I'm afraid to go with a 4:10 gear because I have an extended warranty and I'm thinking it could work on my engine too hard. Then the dealership will not cover me.

The gears are always a good seat-of-the-pants feel, pully's are cheap. The Exhaust on these cars is really restricted. My choice, Get the Exhaust.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:41 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Yes I would go with the long tubers as well, and a dyno tune to make it sound and perform waaaaaay better
Old 11-29-2005, 06:44 PM
05sonic_bluGT
1st Gear Member

i thought that the stock manifolds on the 05+ were pretty good... guess i had it backwards...
Old 11-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I'm not a mech. but manifolds aren't the same thing as headers big buddy. Manifold is what is on top of the engine. Headers are the pipes that come out of the engine.
ORIGINAL: 05sonic_bluGT

i thought that the stock manifolds on the 05+ were pretty good... guess i had it backwards...
Old 11-29-2005, 07:16 PM
dynojoe

I'm not a mech. but manifolds aren't the same thing as headers big buddy. Manifold is what is on top of the engine. Headers are the pipes that come out of the engine.

Intake manifolds/Exhaust Manifolds
Old 11-29-2005, 07:27 PM
05sonic_bluGT
1st Gear Member

i guess you are not much of a mechanic... they are called exhaust manifolds... the "thing" on top is the intake manifold... headers are tubular... not a big peice of cast steel... or whatever they are made out of... just a little FYI... thought you "car guys" would just assume that... ill be more specific next time... big buddy...
Old 11-29-2005, 07:30 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

when you guys are done buddy buddying, headers will weigh less....not much but a bit
Old 11-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Well ain't I a dumbass

i guess you are not much of a mechanic... they are called exhaust manifolds... the "thing" on top is the intake manifold... headers are tubular... not a big peice of cast steel... or whatever they are made out of... just a little FYI... thought you "car guys" would just assume that... ill be more specific next time... big buddy...
Old 11-30-2005, 01:54 AM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Actually, I've heard from several sources that the factory stuff flows pretty well for stock. One company who did an independant test on the flowmaster axleback system (it was a magazine article, but i forget which one) said that the stock exhaust was good for about 400 horses. I don't know if it's true, but I do know a decent factory note when I hear it.