Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

C&L True flow kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 11:54 AM
FREAKO
2nd Gear Member

Default C&L True flow kit

Has anyone who purchased and installed C&L True Flow cold air kit had any negative isues with it? Anything from fittment problems to driveability problems? I was looking to purchase one possibly and wanted to know more info from people's experiences.

Thanks
Old 12-05-2005, 12:41 PM
Hoof_N_It06 GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: C&L True flow kit

i am wondering the same thing but i am also wondering if it does any good to put one on without the programmer or if you have to get a tune for it to help.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:46 PM
REN06GT

if you install it with no tune it will throw a service engine light. It will show to be a lean condition
Old 12-06-2005, 09:40 AM
ScreamingYellow
2nd Gear Member

It took me 30 minutes to install and abuot 15 mintues to put the tune in. There is a big difference, mostly with throttle response. Car feels a bit quicker probably by half a car length or a bit more. The only problem I have had is that it seems with the 93 octane tune, if you get bad gas, as I have done twice, and you downshift to take off the engine hesitates big time. But, that really isn't a problem with the tune, it's a problem with the gas in Alabama.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

the biggest benefit is the throttle linkeage problem you have now is almost totally corrected in first gear. It is quicker and it doesn't allow you to redline going through the gears ;it gives you plenty more extra. Also from what I understand that if you have an automatic it really makes the difference. The tune takes about 3 minutes. I didn't install it myself. I had a shop do it for 30 dollars.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:37 PM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ScreamingYellow

It took me 30 minutes to install and abuot 15 mintues to put the tune in. There is a big difference, mostly with throttle response. Car feels a bit quicker probably by half a car length or a bit more. The only problem I have had is that it seems with the 93 octane tune, if you get bad gas, as I have done twice, and you downshift to take off the engine hesitates big time. But, that really isn't a problem with the tune, it's a problem with the gas in Alabama.
So with the tune, do you *have* to go to 93 octane? I'm looking at one of these kits as well, but do not want to pay for the more expensive gas, if possible.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:43 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: BrookShadow_RC

ORIGINAL: ScreamingYellow

So with the tune, do you *have* to go to 93 octane? I'm looking at one of these kits as well, but do not want to pay for the more expensive gas, if possible.
Depending on where you purchase it you can pick what tunes you want. For example I give my customers whatever tunes they ask for. If they dont say I give them 87, 91, and 93. So the good thing is you dont have to run 93 all the time to take advantage of the air intake and tune. You will not only have better power up top but as low as 3,000 RPM's the car is making more power. You will notice it just driving at part throttle. Also since we do our own tunes here it is easy for us to make changes for the customer. If you have a special case and you need something changed no big deal. Also if new parts you purchase in the future requires a new tune you dont have to pay for the tune providing it is one of our parts. Keep researching and have fun! The C&L and X-cal 2 is an awesome combo that I have on cars in all 50 states and several other countries.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:44 PM
FREAKO
2nd Gear Member

Most of the popular tuners have or can be programmed with 3 options for fuel octane....they will have one for 87 octane, 91 octane and 93 octane....you get to choose.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:57 PM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

Sweet! This will probably be the next mod to get!
Old 12-09-2005, 12:37 AM
praztek
3rd Gear Member

I'm a proud new owner of a 2006 GT "5 speed", and was looking for a good tune shop in or near Northridge, Ca. Looking to get the C&L intake with SCT Tuner or Predator.

Thanks,

Mike

Quick Reply: C&L True flow kit