Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush Mustang, really is it all that and a bag of chips?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Mr. Meany
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Roush Mustang, really is it all that and a bag of chips?

I own a Roush sport and have the same exact opinions as 'dis guy[sm=icon_rock.gif]...except I can't run 11s....but with my mods I can stop real well!

-GhettoMan

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

Okay, have to put my $0.02 in! I think the Roush body kits are the ONLY good looking body kit. I think all the other body kits (Saleen included) take away from the retro styling the car is meant to have. I think Roush did a good job of keeping an early fastback look. I 100% agree about the hood scoop and I don't have one. I also agree with the damn Roush everywhere emblems and took most of mine off. My car IS NOT a Roush but everyone thinks it is because of the body kit. Roush should be paying me something for all the cars mine must sell for them...LOL

I wanted to build a unique car and tried to use what I thought was the best pieces to do it. I love the Roush body kit and interior seat package and that's what I have on my car. Everything else is a completely different animal. But I certainly don't look down on any GT owners and think those who do are idiots. I LOVE the fact people think my car is a Roush, cuz it's funny to see the look on their face (especially another roush) when they see my car run. (11.60's BTW) and in 4 weeks, it will be a 10 sec. street car.

The moral of the story is as fast as my car is, there is an old 5.0 beat-to-shXt looking at our shop that smokes my car...(9.90's) and a neon that smokes me too. So I think most people that think there car is better than anyone else's just because of a name on it probably never races it and just cruises around feeling froggy with themselves.

Just my $0.02

[IMG]local://upfiles/24802/7D3BE6A1E26F4FC482F26E5CE14A0060.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24802/10CF4265DEAF41018E01CABB7046D6AE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-22-2005, 10:36 PM
thorx4

I own an 04 Roush stage 2 which now has the Kenne Bell supercharger on top. I was real close to buying an 05 this past spring while at the dealership. The 05 just looked to bulky to me. I happened to see the 04 sitting at the end of the row of cars and had to check it out. Once I saw this car I knew there wasn't any comparison. As far as comparing to the Saleen, I love both cars. As with most of us, I like pretty much any car as long as they aren't covered with stickers, have rediculously huge wings and fart cans that you can stick your are up in to adjust the valves.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:21 PM
shep987

Yeah but have you looked at the sticker price of the saleen, 51k without the s/c and 56k with. I am sorry but I could barely afford the 28k I paid for my gt.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:57 AM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

First I have to say that I love my Roush...Yeah it was a few K more than the GT that I had ordered. But it is definitely a head turner and isn't that what we all really want in the end? I love the styling of it and it is nice to have a Mustang that you don't see every day driving down the road. I have yet to see another 05+ Roush here in Phoenix. That being said, if I hadn't been in my accident and totalled my old car, I wouldn't have gotten the Roush mainly because of price, I had a blue 06 GT that I had ordered a week before. But I found myself needing an new car and the Roush was the ONLY 05 GT 5spd coupe that was available in the state of Arizona....So I went for it and haven't regretted it since. If you want to judge a group because you met ONE stuck-up guy then by all means we are all a$$holes....How many people haven't met the d!ckhead a$$hole Mustang owner??? So, if you don't like the Roushes then that is cool, not everyone is going to like everything you do to your car...so it is all good. But it should be recognized that we are all Mustang Enthusiasts!!! end of story...so what good does it do to beat down a styling concept of on group of Mustang owners...I'm sure we could all have a lot more fun trash talking the Camero and Hemi guys......

Just a few thoughts and more than my $.02
Old 12-23-2005, 09:47 AM
shep987

757gt where did you get your car dynoed, up in williamsburg?
Old 12-23-2005, 10:50 AM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

I think the Roush body kits are the ONLY good looking body kit.
I agree. I was going to get a Roush early on because of the looks. I was not impressed with the Saleen body at all and hate the Saleen rear.

Where I live there is a guy with a yellow Roush and we have crusied next to each other a couple times on the local roads. It looks great, but I'll see if my new hood and grille gets him to turn his head...

BrookShadow_RC
Old 12-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

I was hoping that Roush would keep the side exhaust in their 05 design. But since they didn't, I put a Cervini's kit on my wife's 05. I love side exhaust.
It's really sad that Roush isn't doing their signature side pipes on the 05-06's. They could do it if they wanted, but the word is that they were trying to save $. Pretty sad, really. The one thing that helped to set their cars' apart from Saleens and gt's is now non existant. It reminds me of the blower deal on the stage III. It was originally supposed to get a twin screw unit, but Roush opted for the cheaper roots blower to save $. Mustang Enthusiast magazine recently did a test with the new stage III. With a pro driver, the best the car would do in the 1/4 was 13.5 @ 105. The satge III is rated at 410 hp and has a target selling price of around 50k. If Saleen didn't overshadow Roush in the past, there certainly are right now.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:59 PM
thorx4

Something had to be seriously wrong with the tune on that car.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Something had to be seriously wrong with the tune on that car.
Quite possibly.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:03 PM
dino1010
1st Gear Member

05 gt sport one year on the road as a dailey rider and i dont think i have gone 1 day that at least one person has not said what a nice car it is. i have had people take exits,ask to take pictures,turn around to a parking lot i was in,stop at my house,,ect.,ect.

strickly looks though you have to go elsewhere for performance!

Quick Reply: Roush Mustang, really is it all that and a bag of chips?