Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush Mustang, really is it all that and a bag of chips?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 12:14 AM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Roush Mustang, really is it all that and a bag of chips?

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

I like the Roush rear end treatment just fine. The front is just OK with me. But the interior treatment, HORRIBLE!! What is with the carbon fiber dash trim? Yuck! And it really bugs me that they did not extend the trim across the passenger dash area, I guess they couldn't because of the airbag but it looks like something is missing. The Ford IUP looks much better. And the seat covers are awful, the bright colors are far too ricey looking.
I agree, so I took the liberty of fixing my car up with some "bling" as some here call it. I call it the classic look!

Here is what one 65 pony emblem, a hacksaw (to saw off the prongs on the emblem), and JB Weld to hold it in place forever will get you! Oh yeah, and a classic stick on mustang emblem!

https://mustangforums.com/upfiles/28...9DB8BD2685.jpg

Old 07-02-2006, 01:30 PM
NewRoushPonyOwner
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeVistaBlue06

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

I like the Roush rear end treatment just fine. The front is just OK with me. But the interior treatment, HORRIBLE!! What is with the carbon fiber dash trim? Yuck! And it really bugs me that they did not extend the trim across the passenger dash area, I guess they couldn't because of the airbag but it looks like something is missing. The Ford IUP looks much better. And the seat covers are awful, the bright colors are far too ricey looking.
I agree, so I took the liberty of fixing my car up with some "bling" as some here call it. I call it the classic look!

Here is what one 65 pony emblem, a hacksaw (to saw off the prongs on the emblem), and JB Weld to hold it in place forever will get you! Oh yeah, and a classic stick on mustang emblem!

https://mustangforums.com/upfiles/28...9DB8BD2685.jpg

I like what you've done to your interior, that does have a sweet classic look!

I have Roush's carbon fiber trim and I don't mind it. Its pretty well done IMHO as far as faux carbon fiber goes, and I really didnt like the IUP brushed aluminum dash with the black interior so I'm happy. To each their own I suppose. Personally, I have had no regrets about spending the extra $$$ on the Roush Sport package because with parts, labor, paint, etc. I know I could've spent a lot more to try and make a black GT look anywhere close to as sexy as mine! I am hoping to add more performance mods soon, and until then I definitely don't act like the name on my windshield makes me go faster. Still, I LOVE MY CAR!! I mean, when a guy who just bought an 05 vette comes up and says dang, wish I wouldve checked out these Mustangs before I bought the Vette... thats one hell of a compliment to me and Roush and of course the sweet car that is all of our starting point, the Mustang GT!

[IMG]local://upfiles/38353/A698C1C6714044E8B1C2C9955137A328.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-02-2006, 01:52 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

I like the extra set of fog lights and the cutouts in the bumper to allow more airflow through the engine bay (and you can tap those easier for a CAI setup like your's truly has!)

With the Roush setup, you could re-do your original foglights into driving lights (have on with hi-beams only) and then have the lower foglights with lowbeam.

I am going to rewire my foglights so they stay on regardless of lowbeam or highbeam. I did that to my truck and it works great!

Thx,

Mike
Old 07-02-2006, 01:56 PM
xzo6
2nd Gear Member

I think my stage 3 Roush (2006 ) is an excellent car for the deal I got...Don't know if they start dumping their stock in June or what but,I couldn't resist the price(47,000.00CDN).I am not a fan of the extra plastic(it was already installed of course).The rims(18 x 10) give me a little extra rubber on the road and since it's been lowered already ,it saves me doing it.I added some slicks for better traction(F & R).It's is a solid car and really close in performance to my old 2004 Zo6(405 HP).Actually it feels more solid.IMO C5 and C6 Vettes are problematic when it comes to the design of the 6 speed. If you like Saleen ,go and buy one.If you just want to add a blower to your GT,there won't be any difference (if all you want is horsepower).Mine puts out 425HP.To add all the performance mods myself(to a new 2006 GT) ,it would cost more. Happy Holidays!
Old 07-02-2006, 06:34 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

xz06 from what I have seen in North Charleston, South Carolina you made a good deal. They are all over 50,000. I would like a car

with a Super Charger stock and opinions are like ******** we all have one. It's just I enjoy my color and like my interior over the

Roush (not including it saids Roush everywhere) and I don't like the body skirting. I do think that the Roush Rims are killer and I

sure would like to have those big wheels. Thanks for being a good sport about it.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:47 AM
05HOTROD
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: skymedic

Well,

I have a roush, soon to be supercharged with a Saleen SC. I agree, the interior is horrible, thank god, I just got a GT and then added everything after the fact.

Trust Me, The amount of people that come up to me everywhere I go in Phoenix to look at her, and ask about it, is confirmation enough, that what I have done so far is good..!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/30525/A73E6DD30A654852A56C710A6C66D565.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/30525/718580ABD1BA4785A84677E81965872F.jpg[/IMG]
hi skymedic
I have a roush with the saleen blower, you will not regret it. you have the luxury going from 400hp all the way up to 650+ hp of course with a built bottom end.
If I had to do it all over again, I would of bought a gt with the interior upgrade and did the roush kit myself.
I bought a sport, and the only numbering that roush puts on the car is a piece of paper in the door jamb. no plaque in the interior.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20677/22750842D2444651B3355E75D0C56061.jpg[/IMG]