Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Zex Kit Install

Old 12-21-2005, 10:19 AM
GotYoNacho
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Zex Kit Install

Here's another question. How long is the -4an line that runs from the back to the front? I need to order another one. And it is 4an, correct?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:07 AM
jtscuba02
2nd Gear Member

got yo, its 18' long. i dont know if you have these yet, but i will give them to you:

75 fuel jet-26 n2o jet-40 timing retard-0
100 fuel jet-30 n20 jet-46 timing retard-2
125 fuel jet-34 n20 jet-54 timing retard-4
150 fuel jet-38 n20 jet-67 timing retard-5
175 fuel jet-43 n20 jet-83 timing retard-6

i hope this helps you out. you can get colder plugs now also. i have put about 4 bottles thru my car with the 150 jets and have had no problems. now with the colder plugs i will try 175. but the bottle goes fast. also if you take the car to the dyno, buy more jets so that the tuner can fine tune the a/f when you hit the n2o. you will get more power and be safe.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:33 AM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

Just an FYI y'all. Be careful how high you go with the NOS. My car is in the shop getting the rear end repaired. It went out with only a 100hp shot. Does this seem right? Do you think it was the NOS or just a factory defect?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:11 PM
GotYoNacho
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info jtscuba. I lost my instruction packet. I emailed zex to see if they could send me another, or at least a pdf or something. I'm going to be getting colder plugs. Which ones you recommend? The Zex ones or the Autolite HT0s. And how long will 100 shot last with a 10lb bottle (like how many trips down the dragstrip)?

Drock - what happened to your rear end? Are you launching on the spray? Sticky tires? Break an axle or something. Let me know what happend. I don't think that 100 shot would be enough, but I don't know what the situation is.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:35 PM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

I was just riding down the freeway and it started making a nasty grinding sound. Like rocks in the rear end. It still drove and I got it to a shop. They are supposed to call and let me know what's up today. I hadn't even sprayed it in half a week. I don't know if it's from the NOS or just a defect. I never sprayed below 2500 rpm. I am still running the stock pirelli's. I can't imagine the extra 80hp or so to the rear would cause that.[:@]
Old 12-21-2005, 03:17 PM
jtscuba02
2nd Gear Member

got yo, i went with the autolite plugs. i have had good in the past with them. the last time i was at the track, i made about ten passes and i used it on the street a couple of times and the bottle was empty. i was spaying out of the hole on bfg drag radials. no problems with the rearend. i think there is a tsb on the rearend. drock, did you take your kit off before going to the dealership? if not, i have a feeling they will blame the failure on the n2o.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:12 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

jt
what e.t. did you run spraying on a full pass?
Old 12-22-2005, 12:46 AM
jtscuba02
2nd Gear Member

that was the 12.11 pass. but i wasnt driving. my buddy has alot more experiance than me. and with the shot we had in the car the hp was at 418. i cant finesse the car like my friend can. i think the car will be quicker with the new control arms and aluminum driveshaft and flywheel. by the way, we just got done with the dshaft and control arms. you can tell a diff. it feels like the car launches straighter. it might just be all the driving in my jeep, but i think the control arms are going to help. i wish someone had some info about the mac longtubes, i would like to change them out when the flywheel gets done. are you thinking about spraying yours? if you do, buy some different size jets and let a dyno shop tune the nitrous for you. i put the colder plugs in mine and i will step the juice up now. thanks again for all the help spyder.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:41 AM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

Got my car back today! Only took one day in the shop. Yes I removed it and it was fixed under warranty. They said there had just been a TSB released for the ring and pinion gears. I know there's a TSB and all but I am kind of nervous about putting the NOS back on. Not that that little voice inside my head sayin, " Do it damnit" wont win on my day off Friday. If it tears up again after the warranty's out I guess that just means it's time for 4.10s.
ORIGINAL: jtscuba02

got yo, i went with the autolite plugs. i have had good in the past with them. the last time i was at the track, i made about ten passes and i used it on the street a couple of times and the bottle was empty. i was spaying out of the hole on bfg drag radials. no problems with the rearend. i think there is a tsb on the rearend. drock, did you take your kit off before going to the dealership? if not, i have a feeling they will blame the failure on the n2o.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:12 AM
GotYoNacho
1st Gear Member

one final question...

how do you guys releive the pressure in the lines when you're going to put your mustang up? is there a good purge kit available that would be simple to incorporate? just wondering so i don't levae nitrous sitting in the lines after i close the bottle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Zex Kit Install