Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Throttle Body question

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 12:36 AM
Steve1001

Default Throttle Body question

I got a Motoblue 62mm throttle body the other day, and I'm very new to doing upgrades, so when I was installing I mistook the part I was to adjust(was supposed to be the spring), and accidentally adjusted the throttle plate screw. I thought I got it back to where it started, but the RPM's are hanging for a second or two when I let off the gas. Can't contact Motoblue til Monday, so I was just wondering if there were any gearheads on here that could help me get this to the setting it needs. Hope I'm not reposting anything, but I hadn't seen any posts for a throttle body that was fly-by-wire. Thanks .
Old 12-18-2005, 01:05 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Throttle Body question

i don't think what you did is the problem. from what i hear and read it's what mb did thats the problem...namely trying to make a t/b. they have had issues with throttle hanging. they aren't the only ones though i think granatelli and someone else also has this problem. you may want to reconsider that purchase if they will allow you to return it. then wait until these manufacturers have the t/b's figured out. this mustang and it's systems are light years beyond the old 5.0's and i think they just rushed to quickly to get a product to market.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:49 PM
swieduwi
2nd Gear Member

if you don't get the 3/4 turn on the spring it will stick
Read my notes here

I have the granatelli MS and I did not have a problem like sticking
mine pulses at idle (50 RPMs) up and down, My local tuner said this is normal
with the larger TB the 04 Cobras did this as well.

Good luck
Old 12-19-2005, 01:38 AM
Steve1001

Thanks for advice and help.....I spent a few hours today adjusting to various settings and it ended up being that you had to set it to flush and the once the screw was touching the plate, another 1/4 turn past that roughly and it ran good. The hanging RPM's is almost down to where it's working like stock, but a tiny ammount remained....definately enough that I'm happy.The spring worked good at 3/4 turn, but just for the hell of it I went to 1 3/4, and it ran fine, but after removing battery during a setting change, after restart, it wouldn't run right at any throttle plate setting so I put it back at 3/4. Car's running great !!

SIDENOTE:....I'm very happy with the TB, but it was on backorder so I had to wait a month for it. Great quality, but of the 2 parts I've bought that are motoblue, both were shipped missing tools or the correct bolt list in kit contents. They did however give me a $50 gift certificate for the backorder, and mailed the missing tool express after I contacted them, so customer service was outstanding.