Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Custom Lic Plate Frame Quote What Do Ya Think? (See Message 4 Details)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 02:38 PM
BanditSRT8

Default RE: Custom Lic Plate Frame Quote What Do Ya Think? (See Message 4 Details)

ORIGINAL: one_focused_svt

Of course! The products that Dodge and Chrysler offer with a Hemi aren't all that fast, take for example the Charger SRT-8 with a 6.1L Hemi Making 425 HP, it does 0-60 in over 5.2 seconds and the 1/4 mile in just under 14, now this is one of the most powerful cars that Dodge makes besides the Viper (but it doesn't have a Hemi anyway) and a stock stang is quicker, as for the trucks that pack about 330HP but have a very inefficent driveline and come in at a hefty weight, so unless it is a heavily modified newer model or a classic muscle machine beast, our chances are very good the stang will emerge victouius once again One more note I think it is absolutely pathetic that Dodge doesn't even offer a manual for the SRT-8 Charger, if you check the tranny codes they are the same for every engine model from the little V6 to the 6.1 Hemi what a hunk of junk IMO.
Wrong.

1/4 mile times on average are in the low 13's and many SRT8s have dipped into the 12's already. Not bad for a 4600lb family car. Now imagine if we were as light as a Mustang!

The "tranny codes" you speak of are different for the SE and the R/T. The SRT8 also gets a different tranny. please do research before speaking with authority, or add "IMO" to your posts.

Stock for stock the R/T Charger/300C/R/T Magnum are quicker than a Mustang GT. You also get tons more options and quality in the Dodge/Chrysler than you do in the Mustang. Compare the option sheets on each manufacturers respective websites.

Stock for stock no Mustang made can outperform an SRT8 variant. The only Mustang that can is the Shelby GT500, but then again you get far less options for more money. The only other I can think of is the Shinoda Stage 2.

I'm not hatin' on the Stangs, just pointing out glaring errors in your statements. The Mustang was designed as a performance vehicle, and does pretty well. The R/T Charger and Magnum as well as the 300C were designed as a more luxurious car that somehow manages to outperform most "performance" cars. And the SRT8's even at their bloated 4600lb weight and 4 doors constantly shame many performance engineered cars.

Interested in the new design of the Mustang I stopped by a local Ford dealer to see the Saleens they had on display. I looked at their top-tier model on the floor and it happened to be a blown Saleen producing if I remember correctly 400hp. I got in and immediately asked where the options were such as NAV system, heated seats, power seats for both driver AND passenger, auto dimming mirror, hands-free bluetooth for my cellphone, power adjustable pedals and the like. The salesman told me and I quote "Sir, you cannot buy a car with this much power in this price range ($65k) with those kinds of options." I then took him outside to my car and proved him wrong. For less than $45k I have all that and more with more power baseline stock, and in a heavier car can outrun the Saleen.

Ford has made a nic elooking design in the new Mustangs, and you get a lot of bang for the buck plus you can easily mod them. The higher ticket "packages" such as Roush, Saleen and so on are not that great a value, but still nice competitive cars.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:39 PM
I8ACHEVY
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Custom Lic Plate Frame Quote What Do Ya Think? (See Message 4 Details)

Looking For Your Opinion On A Custom License Plate Frame and What My License Plate Would Say:

Frame Quote:
"You're Gonna Need More Than A Hemi"

License Plate:
8UR HEMI

So what do ya think???
I like em both..then again, I am biased
I have had mine on 3 different vehicles and in 2 different states! Nothing wrong with keeping a little Big 3 rivalry going!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Nooooo not at all, I am just sooooooo sick of hearing about a darn Hemi. It's nothing near what it is all cracked up to be, the origional Hemi was such a well known and historical motor and all Dodge did was slap a new badge on a truck and a legend is re-born think about it, 5.7L Hemi 330HP, our 4.6L V8 305HP so over a full L smaller and 25HP is the diff, big deal. I'm just looking to give those Dodge owners a rude wake up call thats all It's always Hemi this and Hemi that and in the mags the Hemi always ends up behind...
actually 4.6 L = 315 crank [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 10-28-2006, 09:20 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I raced an SRT-8 Daytona Edition Charger and rocked him with a 13.4 (my first time running my car ever at the track, very hot/humid day) against his 15.1.

Next I raced my friends daytona from a roll and gave him a car length from the get go and pulled on him extremely bad. JMO SRT-8's aren't lived up to anything that there owners say.

Here's the vid of me at the track vs mr. srt8
Click here to watch Hemi-Down
Old 10-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: BanditSRT8

Of course! The products that Dodge and Chrysler offer with a Hemi aren't all that fast, take for example the Charger SRT-8 with a 6.1L Hemi Making 425 HP, it does 0-60 in over 5.2 seconds and the 1/4 mile in just under 14, now this is one of the most powerful cars that Dodge makes besides the Viper (but it doesn't have a Hemi anyway) and a stock stang is quicker, as for the trucks that pack about 330HP but have a very inefficent driveline and come in at a hefty weight, so unless it is a heavily modified newer model or a classic muscle machine beast, our chances are very good the stang will emerge victouius once again One more note I think it is absolutely pathetic that Dodge doesn't even offer a manual for the SRT-8 Charger, if you check the tranny codes they are the same for every engine model from the little V6 to the 6.1 Hemi what a hunk of junk IMO.
Wrong.

1/4 mile times on average are in the low 13's and many SRT8s have dipped into the 12's already. Not bad for a 4600lb family car. Now imagine if we were as light as a Mustang!

The "tranny codes" you speak of are different for the SE and the R/T. The SRT8 also gets a different tranny. please do research before speaking with authority, or add "IMO" to your posts.

Stock for stock the R/T Charger/300C/R/T Magnum are quicker than a Mustang GT. You also get tons more options and quality in the Dodge/Chrysler than you do in the Mustang. Compare the option sheets on each manufacturers respective websites.

Stock for stock no Mustang made can outperform an SRT8 variant. The only Mustang that can is the Shelby GT500, but then again you get far less options for more money. The only other I can think of is the Shinoda Stage 2.

I'm not hatin' on the Stangs, just pointing out glaring errors in your statements. The Mustang was designed as a performance vehicle, and does pretty well. The R/T Charger and Magnum as well as the 300C were designed as a more luxurious car that somehow manages to outperform most "performance" cars. And the SRT8's even at their bloated 4600lb weight and 4 doors constantly shame many performance engineered cars.

Interested in the new design of the Mustang I stopped by a local Ford dealer to see the Saleens they had on display. I looked at their top-tier model on the floor and it happened to be a blown Saleen producing if I remember correctly 400hp. I got in and immediately asked where the options were such as NAV system, heated seats, power seats for both driver AND passenger, auto dimming mirror, hands-free bluetooth for my cellphone, power adjustable pedals and the like. The salesman told me and I quote "Sir, you cannot buy a car with this much power in this price range ($65k) with those kinds of options." I then took him outside to my car and proved him wrong. For less than $45k I have all that and more with more power baseline stock, and in a heavier car can outrun the Saleen.

Ford has made a nic elooking design in the new Mustangs, and you get a lot of bang for the buck plus you can easily mod them. The higher ticket "packages" such as Roush, Saleen and so on are not that great a value, but still nice competitive cars.
You would of gotten ripped if you bought that "top tier" mustang... From the sounds of it, if it was a 2005+ Saleen, was just the stock 3v with a S/C and suspension mods It makes. The top saleen mustang is a S281-E and makes around 550 Horsepower. Last time I check it was around $60,000. yes you can get a nav system for an extra 1000. With our mustangs, you can get a better GPS for $400-800 and you can take it with you when you sell the car. The Ford GT500 makes 475 HP if I remember correctly and weighs less than your car. Pulley swap and CAI+Tune which are cheap mods, you can have the GT500 into 550+hp range. A GT500 will also turn a lot more heads than a Magnum with lambo doors.

[sm=rant.gif]
Old 10-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: nothsa

I raced an SRT-8 Daytona Edition Charger and rocked him with a 13.4 (my first time running my car ever at the track, very hot/humid day) against his 15.1.

Next I raced my friends daytona from a roll and gave him a car length from the get go and pulled on him extremely bad. JMO SRT-8's aren't lived up to anything that there owners say.

Here's the vid of me at the track vs mr. srt8
Click here to watch Hemi-Down
I think Daytonas are only the R/T edition and they make like 350 hp stock.

Edit: yea Daytona is only a R/T but you walked him badly, nice run!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:28 PM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

Hemi-Shmemi......................

[sm=icon_guiness.gif]
Old 10-28-2006, 10:37 PM
05mineral6

ORIGINAL: BanditSRT8

Wrong.

Actually, YOU are wrong. Stock Saleen S/C's are rated at 465 hp and 425 ft/lbs, and is way lighter than any srt vehicle. So how do you think that your magnum will run away from a lighter, more powerful car. Curb weight for the Saleen is over 1000 lbs less than an SRT Charger and has 40 more hp. Honestly even with GT mustangs; your 120 hp difference doesnt make up for over 1000 lbs of wieght. Who needs power seats and adjustable pedals?
Old 10-29-2006, 01:02 AM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

+1 on that 05mineral6. Who needs a NAV system on a hotrod? Who needs four doors on a hot rod? Adjustable pedals? Man, buy a Buick for Pete's sake! Anybody think the Charger is pulling down sales numbers like the new stangs? Wait, I don't hear nothin but crickets...guess that's a no. There's a reason they're going to make the Challenger...because the Charger is a big old butt ugly grocery getter with a big motor! Doesn't even matter if it's fast or not. Sorry guys, didn't really mean to rant, but somebody had to do it. [:@]

As far as the license plate goes, you might want to check to see if your state has a data base that you can access for personalized plates. Here in KY, you can go online, put in want you think you want and see if somebody has the exact same thing already or something similar. I originally wanted 06PONY, but it took the car so long to come in that somebody snagged that one so I went with 06HOSS. Sounds meaner anyway.

[IMG]local://upfiles/48298/64A7AE2046CF47259857B236ACDA3A43.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-29-2006, 02:19 AM
BanditSRT8

I like posting videos too! Funny thing is... when I searched "SRT8" I came across a lot of different cars racing SRT8's, but not one video of a Mustang beating an SRT8... wonder why?

STOCK SRT8 eating a C6 Corvette

STOCK SRT8 eating a GTO

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 running 13.39 on a hot day

Yeah I know... a forced induction Mustang is to be feared... well here's a nearly 5,000lb SUV that has a single turbo with low boost running 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. Grand Cherokee SRT8 Turbo

Supercharged SRT8 kills a Z06 at 11.88

:-)

Quick Reply: Custom Lic Plate Frame Quote What Do Ya Think? (See Message 4 Details)