Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cam's

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 11:53 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Cam's

ORIGINAL: spyder7724

that's what i want! full feature if i can get it. plus i want to win the mod motor class at least once. i figure there is only 30-40 cars at each race and if the payout is guarranteed it's the best deal going. hell a normal night at capitol raceway here in MD draws 150+cars in super and 200+in pro...5 rounds to win hell yeah!!! better than going 8 and not getting to the quarters.
ORIGINAL: chevykiller

sounds good keep me informed. hope they don't delete the VCT function that's too good to throw away for a few hp. i'm thinking about building a stroked 5.4 in the summer hence my need to lose as much weight on the front as i can now. that motor will definitely stay n/a but with a little more compression and some cams hopefully. maybe i'll throw the cams in the 4.6 just for the hell of it. just may be able to run 11's with it after all. n/a with an auto!
thanks!!! now i gotta go program a talking dora the explorer doll for my girl. what fun.
LOL - I bought the same doll for my 4 year old daughter! You know I can't say much, but let's just say that everyone who matters realizes the VCT isn't worth losing and that MAY?????? be why it is taking so long for anyone to fab good cams??? Have a goodnight and good luck with Dora...LOL

EDIT: An n/a with auto running 11's would be a sight to see and would probably get you some magazine coverage...
It is a good deal. But if you really do keep this car n/a and get it into the 11's - you're almost garunteed exposure no matter how you fair at the lights. There are A LOT of companies that would be hitting you up for association. All the big cars right now are pushing s/c + rebuild and I would bet companies would be foaming at the mouth to get associated with the 'average' mustang buyer. Good luck. You may want to consider putting together a spec sheet and MIS (Market Impact Study) - you could probably get some companies to foot your bill. Even though yours is not a 'known' car, I bet if you attacked the angle of 'automatic n/a mustang' and 'average mustang buyer' you would at least get some eyebrows raised.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:13 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

funny thing is i have been racing and around racing all my life. i've had numerous small sponsorships(mostly product and nothing large)and that was with a mid 8second dragster and a 9second roadster. it seems more people are interested in this car than either of the other ones. it's hard to get someone to flip the bill running brackets and super classes unless you are already established as a champion. that's why i'm switching to the NMRA. even if nobody helps me sponsorship related this car should get some ink. that is definitly a goal i had from the beginning. i have been dealing with justin burcham and derrick at JPC lately. if anyone has good connections it is those guys. people take notice when you win every evnt and qualify #1 for like 3 years or something no matter what class you are in. i would love to have someone flip for expenses for my trip to bradenton,FL in march but i know thats not going to happen until i have proven this cars full potential.
you know justin went 11.90's with just a few bolt ons and 10's with a little juice. he got an enormous amount of press for that. it's not going to be a big deal if i get in the 11's with an auto N/A. has it been done yet?with the factory trans i mean not a C4 or aod, or glide etc.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Lee Willis
2nd Gear Member

I am interested, really. But I am not ithat impressed. A N/A Mustang? I don't see why i would go with this against several other options (4V, or 2V with SC, or 4V with SC?). I am not saying this isn't interestiong, and I know the 3V engine is becoming available, but what is the compelling advantage..
Old 12-27-2005, 12:34 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

consistancy. bracket racing and open comp style racing requires your car to be ultra consistant to be able to win. any power adder n2o,turbo or s/c can add a bit more chance for inconsistancies to occur. since turbos and s/c heat up the incoming air it is difficult to regulate this to the level of ambient air. for instance for every 150ft. change in air pressure(altitude) there will be a change of approx .03 seconds with gasoline engines. for every 5degrees in air temp .02seconds. same with humidity. keeping the air inlet temps exactly the same every run is not very easy with these combinations due to the s/c head unit's temp or same with turbo heat soke. n20 is probably the most consistant power adder but as bottle pressure drops the a/f mixture changes. that's why you will see the sso and IHRA promods running 2 bottles and changing them almost every run. this is just too much to worry about when you have 5 minutes to cool down for the next round.
if we were talking about all out power and just going fast you are 100% correct it would be foolish with these modular motors to try a N/A combination. the most power from an N/A mod motor i've seen is about 600hp that was a stoked 5.4 navigator motor with 12:1 comp and ported heads sullivan intake and big cams. in that test they put a F3 procharger on the same motor with 20lbs of boost and made 1300hp! awesome!!!!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:37 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

funny thing is i have been racing and around racing all my life. i've had numerous small sponsorships(mostly product and nothing large)and that was with a mid 8second dragster and a 9second roadster. it seems more people are interested in this car than either of the other ones. it's hard to get someone to flip the bill running brackets and super classes unless you are already established as a champion. that's why i'm switching to the NMRA. even if nobody helps me sponsorship related this car should get some ink. that is definitly a goal i had from the beginning. i have been dealing with justin burcham and derrick at JPC lately. if anyone has good connections it is those guys. people take notice when you win every evnt and qualify #1 for like 3 years or something no matter what class you are in. i would love to have someone flip for expenses for my trip to bradenton,FL in march but i know thats not going to happen until i have proven this cars full potential.
you know justin went 11.90's with just a few bolt ons and 10's with a little juice. he got an enormous amount of press for that. it's not going to be a big deal if i get in the 11's with an auto N/A. has it been done yet?with the factory trans i mean not a C4 or aod, or glide etc.
YOUR GOING TO BRADENTON IN MARCH??? The car club I'm in is working the event and I'll be helping. See ya there!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:41 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

andyman
yeah thats the plan as of now. if i do okay at that race i may hit all the NMRA races and drop some of the local stuff. lets go drinkin when i get there.[sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 12-27-2005, 01:17 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

andyman
yeah thats the plan as of now. if i do okay at that race i may hit all the NMRA races and drop some of the local stuff. lets go drinkin when i get there.[sm=alcoholic.gif]
consider it done
Old 12-27-2005, 01:18 AM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

I wanna go [:@]
Old 12-27-2005, 11:02 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

i don't drink much anymore now that i have kids so i should be a cheap drunk now....first time ever me being a cheap drunk! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

off subject did anyone see the new MM&FF magazine? the 05 shootout was a joke. if they were only going to have 6 cars show up then cancell it. almost every member on this board is faster than the runner ups and some of you guys would have smoked the competition there. i'm going to call justin(JPC) tommorow and tell him that when he gets that phone call again i want in.