Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

granatelli vs. motoblue

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Default granatelli vs. motoblue

What throttle body is better? or are they basically the same? granatelli just got a shipment in this week so i can get either thiers or the motoblue.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Thump_rrr

Default RE: granatelli vs. motoblue

The best TB is the one that came with your car. Don't waste your money. Search the posts on many different forums and save yourself the aggravation.

If you're itchin to spend money get the Steeda U/D pulleys at least they make a difference in performance.
I gained over 1/10th of a second in the 1/4mile.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Im not going to get pulleys, ill be getting a blower shortly after new years.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:24 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

You can still use the pulleys with a blower. Why waste money now on something thats not worth it. Even guys with blowers and the stock tb are maxing out hp because they need to build up the internals. Get the pulleys or an off road mid pipe.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:09 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

spend the money on a good clutch...with the blower you will need it and it will allow you to play much harder!!![8D]
Old 12-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ren274u

You can still use the pulleys with a blower. Why waste money now on something thats not worth it. Even guys with blowers and the stock tb are maxing out hp because they need to build up the internals. Get the pulleys or an off road mid pipe.
I never said i was going to buy it, and everyone on here said lighter pulleys will throw the blower off? An o/r pipe is a no no out here.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:18 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Going to agree with Thump and disagree with ren.
The throttle bodies are a complete waste of money JDM dynoed one on a NA car and also one on a blown car. Neither car picked up more than 1hp with the throttle body addition.
And you are supposed to use your stock pulleys with a blower. It has nothing to do with weight. It is because you don't want to "underdrive" your blower.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:36 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Right. HP gains are negligent, but what about throttle response?

TR sucks for me... Sometimes I can plant the throttle on the floor and return it to idle without the car responding with more than a blip near the end.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:49 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: GGIII

TR sucks for me... Sometimes I can plant the throttle on the floor and return it to idle without the car responding with more than a blip near the end.
Work with your dyno shop. They should be able to get the majority of that out. And honestly, as bogus as it sounds to say so, a throttle body spacer does wonders for throttle response. Or at least it did on mine, and several other folks. There are a couple of long threads on TMS of people talking about it. Sounds like snake oil, and the advertised gains is just that... but they do work for flat spots and lag.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:54 AM
Thump_rrr

ORIGINAL: GGIII

Which predator tune are you using? I'm using the U7140 Predator with thr R23 firmware revision and the C&L 93 octane tune and have absolutely no throttle lag. It feels as good as a cable throttle.

Quick Reply: granatelli vs. motoblue