Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mudflaps?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 11:21 PM
RabidCharlie
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Mudflaps?

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

A more serious answer to the question: I don't like them either, so I am going to custom make my own out of lexan and paint them to match the car so they aren't as noticeable and hideous. Plus with the Saleen ground effects, they won't be near as exposed. My reasoning is not water and dirt, but these huge-*** tires throw up a lot of road crap (including small rocks) and I have already had to touch up a rock chip in my c-pillar area from the front tire throwing it up.

I plan to use 3M super velco that way they are removeable in case they don't look up to snuff for shows. If I end up liking the look, then I might complete the look with some Saleen logos [&:]

If you want to see some hideous mud-flaps on a "stang" - check out the photo album of my past '82 Capri on my website [:'(] I was only 16 at the time - what did I know [8D]
SOWAXEMAN,
Just browsed your website, great site! I enjoyed looking at the pictures of your past rides. Thanks for the link and keep up the good work on the web.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:40 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Thanks man! I'm pretty satisfied with it for only learning how to build & host just a couple months ago I just made an update this AM - I added a brief story and pic of my buddy Craigs '01 Mineral Grey Cobra. He was mad at me for not giving him his due credit for my color choice [8D]

Now I just need to learn how to host MP3's so I can get some of our bands recordings on there. Anybody know how to do this - are there MP3 hosting sites sort of like imageshack and photobucket do for pics??

Sorry - just a tad out of topic

OK disregard - I "got er done"!!
Old 01-07-2006, 03:53 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

much as I hate mudflaps, put a set on mine the other night...tired of hearing rocks bouncing off the paint...
wish I'd have seen the ford ones- may just have to switch to those, they dont look too bad at all- but the fronts need something too/at least for winter. Rear drilling into plastic (ouch) didnt hurt too bad, but would not want to drill into steel up front...hoping some way to replace the front rocker 'pegs' with something else to hold both flap and moulding...we'll see.
Hoping to get rocker moldings and door panels off this weekend to POR-15 inside the lower crimped seams- hoping not to create any rattles afterwards. rear wheelwell top lip inside trunk/beside rear seat also hope to seal, might as well paint the axle and stuff too...