Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Picking up GT on Saturday!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 01:37 AM
gkosin
2nd Gear Member

Default Picking up GT on Saturday!!!

I'm so stoked!! Now I'm looking for recomendations for a new radar detector to try to keep the points off the record. Anyone out there using one and what are your opinions on which is the best.
Thanks
Old 01-14-2006, 01:43 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Picking up GT on Saturday!!!

ORIGINAL: gkosin

I'm so stoked!! Now I'm looking for recomendations for a new radar detector to try to keep the points off the record. Anyone out there using one and what are your opinions on which is the best.
Thanks

Congratulations on the new Stang I wish I could help you on the Radar detector but they are illegal in VA.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:56 AM
M
2nd Gear Member

Thanks
congrats you are gonna love it!!!!

valentine one baby, expensive but excellent at finding the fuzz. still be careful, instant on radar sux no matter how good your radar detector is.

we need a radar detector that detects the polyester in cops uniforms, like the one in canonball run 2 i think
Old 01-14-2006, 02:40 AM
gkosin
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the tip on the Valentine! I went to the web site and was impressed. Its a bargin compaired to what points on the record cost over the years.
Greg
Old 01-14-2006, 03:02 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

you lucky bastard! I still have about a month left to wait! Enjoy it!
As for the radar detector, like M said, the Valentine One is probably the best option we have right now, that's what I'll probably end up getting. Just need to find a good place to mount it (hidden).
Old 01-14-2006, 03:33 AM
gkosin
2nd Gear Member

Did you order one? How did you do on price? I called 2 dealers and they both said they would take a X-Plan deal so the sticker was 29.1K and the X-plan price was $27088. I really didn't expect them to accept it because I was at that same dealership a month ago and they wanted over sticker. This one dealer had the car I wanted transferred to his dealership today just hoping I would come in. I wasn't completely ready to go for it but since he went the extra mile to get it for me why not right!!! I didn't even get any grief from the wife. If you don't know what the x-plan pricing is I can maybe help you out or do a google search on it. If you are a real good deal maker maybe you could beat the price but this is sooooo easy I did it over the phone no haggling.
Greg
Old 01-14-2006, 03:40 AM
MyGTRoush

Do you guys know if Radars are ilegal in the state of CA and WA? anyone knows
Old 01-14-2006, 03:52 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Did you order one? How did you do on price? I called 2 dealers and they both said they would take a X-Plan deal so the sticker was 29.1K and the X-plan price was $27088. I really didn't expect them to accept it because I was at that same dealership a month ago and they wanted over sticker. This one dealer had the car I wanted transferred to his dealership today just hoping I would come in. I wasn't completely ready to go for it but since he went the extra mile to get it for me why not right!!! I didn't even get any grief from the wife. If you don't know what the x-plan pricing is I can maybe help you out or do a google search on it. If you are a real good deal maker maybe you could beat the price but this is sooooo easy I did it over the phone no haggling.
Greg
Was that price for an auto or stick? I've head that you can get a better deal if you don't have to order the car. I wanted a white GT (auto) and couldn't find one so I had to order it. Went to Able Ford here in Long Island NY and the best I could get was $500 below sticker. I added a couple of options, alarm, IUP, side airbag, etc., so it came up to around $28500. Ordered it on 12/10/2005, should have it by 2/15/2006.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:59 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MyGTRoush

Do you guys know if Radars are ilegal in the state of CA and WA? anyone knows
From what I've heard/read, radar detectors are legal in all states except for Virginia and Washington D.C.
Just remember that if you get stopped for speeding and the cop sees that you have a radar detector, they are more likely to give you a ticket. If you're going to install one, try to find a place where it's not easy to spot.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:17 AM
gkosin
2nd Gear Member

I asked for Vista Blue premium GT, auto, interior upgrade, security system, side airbags, and it came to 29,100 and change then I guess there is a line right on the invoice that gives the x-plan price and thats what I will pay no negotiating. I hate dealing with car salesman. This was so the way to go. He quoted me $27088. I guess I'll know when I write the check in the morning. NO turning back now!! I cleaned out the garage the last few weekends so I'm ready. I read about someone fighting the dealer for the xplan price after a order was placed. I wouldn't hurt to ask I guess. The money saved will buy a tunner and CAI.
Greg

Quick Reply: Picking up GT on Saturday!!!