Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:55 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Basic Mods for your 05-09 GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:03 PM
goose5
1st Gear Member

Roush short throw shifter is all i have done, and it is well worth it.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:08 PM
taskmaster
1st Gear Member

The only thing I have is a C&L air intake with a Predator tune. Why, be cause im thinking about a Shelby
Old 10-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Tommy46301

After owning my 08 Shelby GT for 11 months, I did the following mods;
Kooks long tube headers. (There are cheaper headers ($$$), but these do not have to be removed if and when you need to go after the clutch.
Kooks high flow cats
Corsa High Performance mufflers
Comps "thumper cams" with phasers
Air intake delete plates
Steeda under-pullies
Breenspeed CalX tune.
The boys at Breenspeed did the install.
The cars is now a beast! The cams really shook her up.
The exhaust is extremely loud, yet no drone in the cockpit.
Next is 3:73 gears, as the cams push horsepower and torque away from the low end of the curve. 3:73's will stop the car from having the tendency to "rock".
Old 11-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Can any of you Southern California guys give me a recommendation for a place that is very knowledgeable and carries a variety of CAI units and tuners I can choose from? I live in Apple Valley which is not far from the San Bernadino area.

Thanx for your help in advance,

Mr. D
Old 12-19-2008, 04:51 PM
bigTALLguy

Default Brenspeed

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Can any of you Southern California guys give me a recommendation for a place that is very knowledgeable and carries a variety of CAI units and tuners I can choose from? I live in Apple Valley which is not far from the San Bernadino area.

Thanx for your help in advance,

Mr. D
Hey, I'm here in Southern California too, LA area, so not too far from you. But I had the same problem, I didn't know of any places in Southern California so I just went with Brenspeed and they were great, very helpful and fairly quick. They also have a good selection of CAI's and tuners. Check them out. www.brenspeed.com
Old 12-30-2008, 02:11 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

I have a WRX as well that I put some parts on and here is some good need to know info, I see alot of people ask about with waranties. Copy and Pasted from scoobytuner.com

What about my Warranty?

"will this void my warranty?"

There are federal laws to protect the consumer and the use of aftermarket parts.
Here is the law:

Federal Warranty Laws - The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))
This federal law regulates warranties for the protection of consumers. The essence of this law concerning aftermarket auto parts is that a vehicle manufacturer may not condition a written or implied warranty on the consumers using parts or services which are identified by brand, trade, or corporate name (such as the vehicle makers brand) unless the parts or service are provided free of charge. The law means that the use of an aftermarket part alone is not cause for denying the warranty. However, the law's protection does not extend to aftermarket parts in situations where such parts actually caused the damage being claimed under the warranty. Further, consumers are advised to be aware of any specific terms or conditions stated in the warranty which may result in its being voided. The law states in relevant part:

“No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumers using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name....” (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)).

Denied
If you are denied legitimate warranty claim...SEMA (Specialty Equipment Manufacturer Association) has some tips for you...
Old 01-11-2009, 09:34 PM
slowstang06
2nd Gear Member

I have several mods... obviously the intake and tune rock.. but the Comp Cam XFI NSR Stage II is where Its at... The part costs $644 (or so) off of brenspeed, and install ran me $250 and $150 for a dyno. It gives a mild lobe and it realyl kicks in in the high end and throughout the band... Its mild and it does not require any springs or whathave you... It also doesnt really affect mpg that much.. still at 17mpg city (with 4.10s)... It is good for a solid 25 peak hp... If you dont plan (realistically) to go FI this is where to go!
i have the dyno sheets posted at https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l...-are-back.html

Last edited by slowstang06; 01-12-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:43 PM
societymx
1st Gear Member

The only performance mods I've done (so far) are a C&L Racer CAI and a Diablosport Predator. These 2 alone made a big difference. Well worth the money.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:08 PM
vincentv87

Originally Posted by 05gtrules
I have added the JLT CAI, and tune with xcal 2. From what I was told a number of times, that does not affect warranty, can someone confirm?
CAI doesnt void warranty,, I believe the xcal2 saves stock setting so you can chnge it to stock before you go to the dealer for service
Old 03-08-2009, 05:49 PM
mbwillis3305

Default next step

trying to free up as much HP as possible with simple bolt on's...already has Flowmasters 17410 (axle back) and K&N CAI...i was thinking intake mods such as a BBK Throttle body, or a tune. Suggestions?

Quick Reply: Basic Mods for your 05-09 GT