Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:55 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Basic Mods for your 05-09 GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 03:35 PM
kidviper

ok so I have mixed information here... it is a 2007 and the thing is if we get him a V6.. he is wanting to make it a GT clone-- wheels, hood, leather interior..ect.

Is there a computer programming option or something. Even a 1000.00 or so would be ok.

I asked him if he would drive it without a Number 8 soarkplug...lol

Thanks for all the help!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:15 PM
white-06-gt-mus

Default 2006 mustang for sale

hey guys, i have my 2006 mustang gt for sale
asking around 17,500 for it...there is a post on craigslist and I have alot more pictures of it if anyone wants it.http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/2604143663.html

would like to get a newer mustang...just gotta sell this one first haha
Old 09-27-2011, 11:54 AM
gobostang

Default mods

gotta love mod lists
Old 09-29-2011, 04:04 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

My car was a clone of yours when I bought it in '08! I suspect you are not made of money... so consider putting a Roush supercharger & matching CAI on it & you'll have a 460 hp "new car to you" & will have saved yourself allot of money! I could buy any Mustang for cash, but consider doing as I did... do the math & decide if the dollar per hp makes sense in buying a new 2011 Mustang! Besides, I like the body style of your car better & you'll have allot of cash left over to put gas in it & enjoy it!

Last edited by Mr. D; 09-29-2011 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Corrections
Old 09-29-2011, 04:40 AM
krakgrace

Yes, we know how this sounds. And had we suggested this matchup just a few months ago, we would deserve more withering scorn than can be found in a week-long Judge Judy marathon.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

So far all I've done to my 06 GT is black out the tail lights chopped 16" of the stock aentenna and put blue bulbs in the overhead map lights and after I put in some sequentials that are on the way, I plan on spending some time and money on performance but I don't think it's a good idea to listen to some of my ricer friends because a mustangs a far cry from a supped civic or rx-8. So if you had about 500-600 bucks on you, what would you guys do to my car. It's pretty much all stock except for some motegi mr116 17" wheels. I was thinking cold air intake and x pipe but idk how much this will boost performance.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by Rylay
So far all I've done to my 06 GT is black out the tail lights chopped 16" of the stock aentenna and put blue bulbs in the overhead map lights and after I put in some sequentials that are on the way, I plan on spending some time and money on performance but I don't think it's a good idea to listen to some of my ricer friends because a mustangs a far cry from a supped civic or rx-8. So if you had about 500-600 bucks on you, what would you guys do to my car. It's pretty much all stock except for some motegi mr116 17" wheels. I was thinking cold air intake and x pipe but idk how much this will boost performance.
DO NOT listen to those guys.
Most of those guys are people who throw cheap mods at their cars and think they have great performance gains when they are probably adding little to nothing or HURTING their cars.

For 500-600 you need to go with the FIRST mod
that is required of these cars, a Cold Air Intake package that includes
a Cold Air Intake, a hand held tuner, and a tune.

You will pick up a nice 20-25 HP.
You probably don't know since you are new to this, and this might not sound like a lot, but it actually IS a lot for the money.
And you will FEEL the difference!

You will also have the hand held tuner, which is a MUST if you are going to mod.
Virtually EVERY power mod on these cars, as well as most cars these days, requires a tune adjustment.

After you buy the package (suggest from Brenspeed, or American Muscle), these places will give you FREE tune adjustments for life when you buy from them. Something you NEED for the future with modding.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

I glad you said that because I was just looking at the package from AM and I was planning on buying it so thats a definate yes now. In the meantime are there and small/cheap mods that would help? Ive been doing mostly freeby aesthetic ones but I was wondering if there were any performance ones. On a side note I don't intend to sell this car and the warrenties are expired so I can take a few more risks than others
Old 10-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke

For 500-600 you need to go with the FIRST mod
that is required of these cars, a Cold Air Intake package that includes
a Cold Air Intake, a hand held tuner, and a tune.

You will pick up a nice 20-25 HP.
You probably don't know since you are new to this, and this might not sound like a lot, but it actually IS a lot for the money.
And you will FEEL the difference!
I agree with getting a tuner & CAI! Too bad you didn't buy mine cheap when I went to the Rousch Blower! I'll add that... a good hand held tuner with CAI will feel like "more" than 25 to 30 HP because of the improved throttle response! I prefer a pre packaged tune for safety & ease of removal! I suppose you can always squeeze out a little more, but the manufacturers have the experience. I used a Predator/ C & L CAI package & couldn't have been more happy!

Take a look at http://www.cnlperformance.com/index.html

Last edited by Mr. D; 10-06-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:57 PM
07gt07

i have a 07 gt with bbk cai sct tuner magnaflow catted x pipe pypes m-80s and charge motion delete plates. i would say the car is much faster than stock but what else can i do to pick up to hp im kinda stuck on what can i do to it next

Quick Reply: Basic Mods for your 05-09 GT