Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just take delivery on your 05-14 GT? Brag here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 05:57 AM
inkdemon
1st Gear Member

Congrats!! Hope she treats you well!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:29 AM
rmhockman

Originally Posted by cardude99
Well I am officially a mustang owner once again. I just picked this baby up Friday night and after about 3 hours of being at the dealer I pulled off the lot at 9:30 pm. I honestly didn't expect to own a stang for another year or so but I had an unfortunate set of events happen to me and my girl but like all bad things there is always a silver lining. In my case this car is that lining.

This might not be the most practical car I can get but I miss having a fun car to drive. I love driving cars and when I am bored hopping in an going on a cruise puts a smile on my face same with my girl, but I was never able to do that with the Kia. I have owned this thing for all of 36 hours and put about 200 miles on her!!! To put that in perspective if I was in the Kia, I might have done 20 in that same time frame lol. This car just puts the biggest smile on my face, bigger than the last one did. I must say I have a whole new outlook on driving this thing. When I had my other one I drove it like I stole it, without a car in the world. I am looking at this one in a totally different way. I treat it with the respect it deserves. This is the first car I have bought by myself for myself, that alone makes me want to treat it like a newborn. My girl says that I not as fun to drive with as I used to and maybe that is true but when I pulled off the lot all I could think is, this is mine now, I have to take care of it and I have to be responsible as well. So far I think I am doing good, not speeding, and I even turned down a street race which I never used to do. This is car is so fast and beautiful I have as much fun cruising in it as I do flooring it. I feel like a real man again lol.

As for the car her name is Stacy, which makes my girl Stacy's mom lol (if you don't get that joke look up the song Stacy's mom). It is a 2013 Grabber Blue GT with a 6 speed manual in it. I practically stole this thing (at least in my mind I did). Absolutely no options in it whatsoever. This is as bare bones as you can get with a GT but to be quite honest it feels quite luxurious to me. The stock sound system is great way better than I expected, the air blows as cold as the arctic, and the seats are comfy. That is all I needed. I will throw mods on one day but only bolt ons and some appearance mods. I will never again turbo/ sc a car. This car has plenty of power for me, anything I do will be mainly to personalize it not so much make it faster, that will just be a byproduct. And now for the pics, pardon the camera phone quality and the fact its in the garage. I'll get better ones at a later date.

Congratulations on your choice of a GT with the 6 speed, you will love it no less than I love mine. Great engine, awesome sound track and slick tranny.

R M Hockman
DuBois PA
Silver 2013 GT Premium Convertible (6 speed stick)
Old 05-10-2013, 08:51 PM
sweger
3rd Gear Member

Got myself back into a 'Stang! Sold my 04 GT before my first son was born to pay off some debt...wifey was more upset about selling it than me (maybe she just showed it more, cause damn it hurt!). Either way, two and a half years later we found ourself looking for another Mustang. Was looking for an 04 Mach 1 in Screamin Yellow, Azure Blue, or Comp. Orange...couldn't find any in my price range at all, so we upped our price range and started looking at 2010+ models. Test drove a very basic (no options at all) Grabber Blue 2010 GT with 7k miles and three owners (kind of odd) and fell in love. They wouldn't work with me on my trade in, and we found a 2011 Kona Blue GT Premium right in town for $21500. Kind of high miles at 46k, but very clean. Had it since Tuesday, and extremely impressed so far. Man, they've made leaps and bounds since my ole 2V 4.6! I can't wait to get this thing on the track and see what it'll do.

Sh!tty part is, next week I'm out of town training for a month so it will just be sitting for that time. Going to order an exhaust during that time, and start saving for some new whees (O.E. Wheels GT4 in 18x9), and start on some small cosset stuff (grille, chin spoiler, maybe scoops and side window covers and a different spoiler, and I really want to do red Super Snake stripes and/or fender hashes)...and that's it cause I love how hard this car pulls! It's already quicker than anything I wanted or expected.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:29 PM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

Default 2014 Mustang GT Premium

I just traded my 2010 Mustang GT Premium for a 2014 model. The technology difference is astounding as is the extra 100 ponies. The new car is White with Dark Charcoal leather interior w/cashmere strip. It has Navigation, Rear View Camera, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors, Brembo brakes with 19" Aluminum Wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, Dual Zone Climate Control and more including the little pony that is projected on the ground when you unlock your doors. Sticker'd out for $42,755. This is one sweet ride!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:02 AM
DenverGT

Last weekend I picked up a 2005 White GT with ~38K on it. Pretty happy so far but looking for some better exhaust sound first then on from there. I sold my 7.3 F250 to get into this car.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:00 AM
rmhockman

Originally Posted by jhawkr
I just traded my 2010 Mustang GT Premium for a 2014 model. The technology difference is astounding as is the extra 100 ponies. The new car is White with Dark Charcoal leather interior w/cashmere strip. It has Navigation, Rear View Camera, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors, Brembo brakes with 19" Aluminum Wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, Dual Zone Climate Control and more including the little pony that is projected on the ground when you unlock your doors. Sticker'd out for $42,755. This is one sweet ride!!!

I have the very same package in silver but with blue stripes on seats, sans the Brembo brakes since I wanted the nickel plated 19 inch wheels. I have no intention of altering anything since I love it the way it is....especially the great Coyote 5.0 engine.

R M Hockman
DuBois PA
Old 05-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Rdrcr

I haven't owned a Mustang for severl years now... The last one was a '86 GT 5.0.

I'm happy to share that I just picked up a Red Candy 2013 GT Coupe Base model with 6-speed manual, 3.73's and the Brembo package.

I'm enjoying it! It's nice to be driving a 5.0 again.

Mike
Old 05-31-2013, 10:54 AM
Qbrozen

Just 2 days ago, I purchased my first Mustang ever (well, there was a '66 project that never fully got off the ground back in high school) and my first Ford product since my '79 Mercury Zephyr.

My '08 135i was giving me too many problems, so I felt compelled to trade, and a heavily discounted new 2013 GT rose to the top of my list. Most people are giving me guff for going from BMW to Ford, but those are people who obviously haven't driving this latest generation. This was not my first color choice (while gorgeous, it draws more attention to me than I like), but there were no more base GTs in NJ, so choices of those for dealer swap were slim. Loving it so far. I can't wait till it is broken in and I can hit my first HPDE with it.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:24 AM
FastFoal

Just picked her up on Thursday. It's my first American car and after a long history with BMW and Audi, I am very pleased. It's freakishly fast and sounds great doing it. I wasn't too keen on the color at first, but after looking at a million pics on this site of other peoples cars, it grew on me. After I saw it in person I was sold. Pictures really don't do it any justice, you really have to be able to stand in front of it and see it. I found the car and drove 5 hours one way to pick her up, so I turned it into a guys trip with my brother. Now that I'm home, I find excuses to go out and run errands.
Name:  20130616_151128_zps7049b9d4.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  167.2 KB
Name:  20130615_095534_zpsc76f9f1b.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  134.6 KB
Old 06-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Namdlo

Decided it was time for a new toy. I picked up an '05 GT Convertible at a local dealership. Took over a week to get the car because the dealership flashed the ECU back to factory. Not the best of ideas on a car with CAI and full exhaust. They couldn't get it to pass NYS inspection... Finally after explaining to them it needed to be tuned they purchased the tuner from the former owner and got in touch with American Muscle to get a new tune for the car. I've only had it for 2 days but it was well worth the wait.

Quick Reply: Just take delivery on your 05-14 GT? Brag here!