Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Turbos vs. Super Chargers

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 02:37 AM
SLTEX

Default GT Turbos vs. Super Chargers

Any ideas on which is a better fit for the 05 GT Super Charger or Twin Turbo? I'm looking into both and would like some input.

Jim S.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:13 AM
El Verdugo
1st Gear Member

Default RE: GT Turbos vs. Super Chargers

Both systems at this stage of the game come in complete kits and can be installed in a weekend if one has a little shadetree mechanic know how. My brother and my good friend both have SC systems in their cars. On a integra it was a Jackson Racing supercharger (roots type), he has been having it in the car since '99 with no issues. He knows how to tune the EMS (AEM) so that has prolonged the life of the engine.

My good friend has a '96 GT with a 351 windsor and a T trim supercharger if I am not mistaken. He controls it with a FAST system.
He makes over 600 whp, now is an issue of traction and a great clutch that can handle that power.

I think it comes down to a personal choice, with SC systems it is a no branier since there is not that much plumbing and all the oil lines that have to be tapped. But then again a turbo system will give you more control of the amount of boost that you want at any given time, with out having to swap out pulleys like in the SC. So basically it all comes down to how much want to spend and how much power are you looking for. But remember tuning any of those two systems is paramount to the life of your motor .

Good luck in your future projects.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:27 AM
tradetheoex
1st Gear Member

Default RE: GT Turbos vs. Super Chargers

The turbo will almost always make more horsepower given the same pounds of boost when compared to a blower because the blower consumes horsepower to drive it. Reliability and ease of installation lean me toward the blower though. Especially given the low boost level I'm looking for, say 10 to 12 PSI.