Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

05/06 GT Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 01:30 AM
silverstang06
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 05/06 GT Supercharged

^^what does it feel like to drive a car with 525rwhp?
Old 06-04-2006, 01:42 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paco_pony

i'm at 525 rwhp at 6200rpm. procharger at 12-13 psi boost. very happy with the equipment. only advice is to make sure the folks installing it know what the h#ll they are doing. I've had lot's of problems after the install. again, I thinks it's with the quality of the install and not with the equipment itself.

regarding the warranty, the chances of a drive train busting on a stock GT are pretty slim. if you wait until the warranty expires until you s/c, and the drive train breaks, then you are in the same spot as if you s/c it right now.

something to think about.
LOL. flirtin with disaster, eh? is that on a stock engine, etc? i hope not lol.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:59 AM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

I got a Saleen SC installed in the last 3 weeks. I love it. It also only uses 4psi boost and I am dynoing 373HP at the wheels now.

It goes like a bat outta hell when you punch it. Otherwise, it drives normal if you're easy on the go pedal!

I posted a poll way back and asked which SC I should get. The answer: Saleen by several votes.

Whoever does the install is critical as well. I recommend coming to Lewisville TX and get HPP to do the install and tune. They do damn good work!

Hope this helps.

Mike
Old 06-04-2006, 02:08 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

^^^^hehehe^^^^^

Got ya on the HPP bandwagon huh? Next thing ya know, you will be hanging out on DFWStangs
Old 06-04-2006, 02:24 AM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hawgman

^^^^hehehe^^^^^

Got ya on the HPP bandwagon huh? Next thing ya know, you will be hanging out on DFWStangs

Yep, you have! Lord do I love the way this thing is running when it goes!

I gotta give Manny a call. I don't think they re-gapped my existing plugs. I got some serious mis-fire today at WOT! I was thinking WTF, then I remembered the gap on those plugs needed to be 0.030" and since they didn't install my colder plugs, I bet they forgot to re-gap the old ones!

I discovered this little problem when I was out testing my new forced cold air to the CAI system!
Old 06-04-2006, 02:48 AM
paco_pony
2nd Gear Member

525 feels like a bat outa h#ll!!

best part is the noise from the blow off valve during shift. scares the sh$t out of ricers or anyone else in vicinity.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:49 AM
NewRoushPonyOwner
2nd Gear Member

When y'all took your GTs in for supercharger install by the dealership was it the same dealer you had bought the car from? Is it mandatory that it is? It sounds like a good idea to have it dealer installed but I now live across the country from where I bought it. Also, are the dealers much more expensive than a regular shop? Or are the parts about the same price as anywhere?? Thanks for the insight.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:53 AM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: NewRoushPonyOwner

When y'all took your GTs in for supercharger install by the dealership was it the same dealer you had bought the car from? Is it mandatory that it is? It sounds like a good idea to have it dealer installed but I now live across the country from where I bought it. Also, are the dealers much more expensive than a regular shop? Or are the parts about the same price as anywhere?? Thanks for the insight.
The Dealer I used didn't do any performance work on my car. Most of them won't. You need to find a good speedshop for the install.

I had the Saleen SC installed by High Powered Performance (HPP) in Lewisville, TX--they know their chit! The Saleen SC unit I got cost $5100 from HPP.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Old 06-04-2006, 01:07 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: MikeVistaBlue06

Yep, you have! Lord do I love the way this thing is running when it goes!

I gotta give Manny a call. I don't think they re-gapped my existing plugs. I got some serious mis-fire today at WOT! I was thinking WTF, then I remembered the gap on those plugs needed to be 0.030" and since they didn't install my colder plugs, I bet they forgot to re-gap the old ones!

I discovered this little problem when I was out testing my new forced cold air to the CAI system!
Hummm. I never had misfire issues when I was running the stock plugs. You should see if you can reproduce it and data log. I need to go see those guys too, if nothing else, just to BS and say hey. Have been out of town practically all year. Need to catch up on shop gossip .
Actually, I probably need to have my tune adjusted to accomodate this new crappy gas we are being forced to use. But...on the bright side, since the 90/10 implementation, I don't seem to get P0172 and P0175 codes anymore.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:02 AM
frzn pony
1st Gear Member

A freind on a local forum just put his Roush with a Vortech and put down 448 rwhp and 429 ft/lbs at a local speed shop for "Dyno Days"The shop owner installed the Vortech.His is holding back about going over 500 hp because he had a 3-valve at 530hp throw a rod right out the block

Quick Reply: 05/06 GT Supercharged