Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Getting a GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 09:50 PM
bjgolf

Default Getting a GT

I have decided to go for the GT instead of the Shelby.
I know nothing about car mods. What should be the first few things I mod to the engine. I am looking to increase power, without the horrible Honda sounds.
I am eventually going to put a Saleen Supercharger on it, and am wondering what parts I would have to put on so all of it fits together....I hope I don't sound too stupid. I don't want the car not to work anymore is what I am saying. I have heard when you put all these mods on, you have to do tuning with the computer to make everything match...could someone explain?

One last thing......If I wanted to increase HP even more, what is it called when you pull the engine and put stonger parts on because the stock parts can't handle that much? What are the parts you replace.

A response would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-29-2006, 01:11 AM
slak05gt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Getting a GT

CAI/tuner, exhaust, pulleys, eh20 pump, S/C, plugs, wires, T/B. To your last question, engine block, crank shaft, bearings, etc. engine overhaul or rebuild depending on what all you replace.