Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What Engine Mods Void Warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 05:44 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

Default What Engine Mods Void Warranty???

What mods from the intake all the down to the muffler will void the warrant of a new GT??? Any ideas???
Old 01-29-2006, 06:27 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What Engine Mods Void Warranty???

none of them will void your warranty b/c ford does not warranty the exhaust system anyways. look in your warranty paperwork. there should be a section called uncovered parts (or something like that). exhaust will be one of them. as far a voiding the warranty, they cant do that. all they can do is try to prove that a problem is directly related to the aftermarket part. all the exhaust system does is make the car breathe better. they will have a hell of a time trying to blame a problem on that.

things to worry about would be a S/C, nitrous, turbos, programmer, etc. and POSSIBLY underdrive pulleys...just depends on how much of an *** your service department guy is

by the way, i saw your list of mods on another thread. looks good, you should be very happy with it all
Old 01-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Your good man, it is actually illegal to deny warranty work due to the existance of aftermarket parts unless they can prove that the installed parts cause the malfunction.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:55 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

thanks guys i appreciate the help!
Old 01-29-2006, 07:52 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

i think i'm gonna change the list a little and go with hooker lt's instead of mac shorties tho
Old 01-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mac10chap

none of them will void your warranty b/c ford does not warranty the exhaust system anyways. look in your warranty paperwork. there should be a section called uncovered parts (or something like that). exhaust will be one of them. as far a voiding the warranty, they cant do that. all they can do is try to prove that a problem is directly related to the aftermarket part. all the exhaust system does is make the car breathe better. they will have a hell of a time trying to blame a problem on that.

things to worry about would be a S/C, nitrous, turbos, programmer, etc. and POSSIBLY underdrive pulleys...just depends on how much of an *** your service department guy is

by the way, i saw your list of mods on another thread. looks good, you should be very happy with it all
What size wheels/tires you got on your stang.
They look perfect...not too big, not too small...nice choice!
Old 01-29-2006, 08:37 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

Thanks!!! They are 18 X 9 Bullits, with 245/50ZR18 G-forca ta tires
Old 01-30-2006, 03:04 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

My dealer told me that by installing lowering springs they would not warrant any suspension, driveshaft, or tranny, or underbody pinnings. Oh well who needs a warranty?
Old 01-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

My dealer told me that by installing lowering springs they would not warrant any suspension, driveshaft, or tranny, or underbody pinnings. Oh well who needs a warranty?
Your dealer is on crack. Smack them in the face with some legal action and we will se who isnt doing warranty work.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Thetics
2nd Gear Member

you only void that certain part of your warrenty when the aftermarket part you installed directly affects that part, and only if they can prove that its from your added part.

Quick Reply: What Engine Mods Void Warranty???