Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Good Dyno Tune shop near Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 03:30 AM
Phantom_Captain_13

Default Good Dyno Tune shop near Chicago?

Do any of you know a good dyno/tune shop in or near Chicago?

I have a K&N air charger and am about to put Borla axle-backs on and am thinking now that maybe a tune should be next on my list. (Someone on here said to beware that modding was addictive and never stops once you start spoke nothing but the truth!)

I was thinking of just sticking with the factory tune since I have the K&N AI and of course they say no tune needed, but now with the new Borla (not the stingers) axle-backs I'm thinking a little dyno tune might just be the next best thing for my baby ('06 satin silver convertible, auto, with all the interior upgrades, silver plenum cover, K&N AI, Borla axle-backs).

I would like to stick with either an 87 or 89 octane tune as I gave up my SUV to get away from premium fuel (and wisely went to a V8 'stang, hahaha!). How much of a boost do you all think I would get with a lower octane tune but with the mods I have? Also, how much should I expect to spend for a dyno tune like that?

Old 02-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Good Dyno Tune shop near Chicago?

ORIGINAL: Phantom_Captain_13

Do any of you know a good dyno/tune shop in or near Chicago?

I have a K&N air charger and am about to put Borla axle-backs on and am thinking now that maybe a tune should be next on my list. (Someone on here said to beware that modding was addictive and never stops once you start spoke nothing but the truth!)

I was thinking of just sticking with the factory tune since I have the K&N AI and of course they say no tune needed, but now with the new Borla (not the stingers) axle-backs I'm thinking a little dyno tune might just be the next best thing for my baby ('06 satin silver convertible, auto, with all the interior upgrades, silver plenum cover, K&N AI, Borla axle-backs).

I would like to stick with either an 87 or 89 octane tune as I gave up my SUV to get away from premium fuel (and wisely went to a V8 'stang, hahaha!). How much of a boost do you all think I would get with a lower octane tune but with the mods I have? Also, how much should I expect to spend for a dyno tune like that?

Only question I can really offer an answer to is the 1st one. I have heard good things about www.suttonhp.com These guys are located in the south subs, in Matteson. Also they have a 9 second 05 GT!
Im not sure if you need to buy a handheld tuner from them in order to dyno. I havent priced that stuff out yet.
they are also a part of chicagoland mustang club. Forums here
Old 02-03-2006, 01:44 AM
modtheroush

two places 1st in addison street stuff. I used them second was streetinc.com i hear they are excellent as well. if your looking to go through a dealer try sessler ford in libertyville they do all roush add ons they all hooked me up many times.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:55 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

lol nice sig modtheroush. Cheaper to keeper
Old 02-03-2006, 02:54 AM
Phantom_Captain_13

Thanks for the tips!
Old 02-10-2006, 03:31 PM
kopfjager
1st Gear Member

my o6 vert is built and arriving in a few days at the dealer! Sessler Ford, in Libertyville, is doing a KB2.4L for me next week. They have done Roush and ProChargers also.