Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just installed H-pipe and SLP LMs.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default Just installed H-pipe and SLP LMs.

I recently threw on the new exhaust, and the difference is unbelievable... It is incredibly loud and I feel like I'll be getting a little more attention from the Black and Whites out there... Anyway, the H-pipes aren't exactly street legal since they have no cats, so I was wondering if I should get the Cats welded to the H pipe? Give me some ideas folks.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:07 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just installed H-pipe and SLP LMs.

hell no to the cats, take the money you'd spend on cats and slam the stang to the ground, then laugh when the black and white try to get low enough to check for cats, lol [sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 02-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

By loud, I mean... hearing it on the other side of town loud... I can be less then 2,000 RPM and it just roars. At cruising speeds it's just a light rumble... I don't even know if the car sounds like a Mustang anymore! Lol. It has a pretty weird sound.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

If no one checks then save your money unless you feel the need to be in accordance of the law.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:46 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

SLP LM1's and o/r H-pipe sound killer on the 99-04GT's, so I can only imagine what they sound like on the new GT's. Glad you like them. Leave it catless.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:48 AM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

I have a question that goes along with this. I also had SLP Loudmouth and MRT H (catted) and i want to get Flows and UNcatted this time on mynew 2006. My concern is this though... One, i dont see any H-pipes around yet on the net. Whats better H or X ( i was always under the impression that H was better then X) and last, cats or no cats... Is that just for noise reasons? or will i not pass inspection by the sniffer if i dont have at leaest some type of cats. ohh yea.. lol, i was looking at the bassanni xpipe but it seem to say in the product detaisl that you could switch in and out the cats so when you went in for inspection, it was catted and then you could remove then once you were out. I know hats alot of questions lol.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I think there are multiple H & X Pipes out on the market, and I'm not sure which has a better sound. The H-pipe I got is the same exact thing as the stock pipe except minus the cats, which makes it louder and frees up some ponies I imagine, but you will have to throw on your stock pipes once inspection time comes around. www.brenspeed.com I think is an overall great company for most of us here, and that's where I got my pipes from. Though I think I'm going to take them off and put the stock back on just to see what it sounds like. Also, I'm not sure if removing the cats gave me better gas mileage or not, or maybe it's just because I'm so loud I don't accelerate at every stop and go just so I don't draw attention to myself, haha... but we'll see.