Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Drag racing / burnout

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 07:19 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Drag racing / burnout

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

And I'll bet the farm they get a slight bog when they shift in 2nd and 3rd. I have been over this at length with predator and sct and the ONLY way to escape that bog is to rewire your clutch over ride and use a switch to start your car. It is a pain in the butt and is being worked on but no solution as yet. The two-step programs from diablo and SCT do the same thing and they are working on it too. Should be corrected pretty soon. I made awesome launches with the two-step but the bog in shifts lost me everything I gained.

The line locks work but as soon as your car hits 5800 rpm, the wrench light comes on and the car goes into failsafe. I personally couldn't get a good burnout in low rpm and it wasn't worth it. JPC, MRI, JDM, Hurst, and ST are all working on a good line lock system for our cars so I'm sure we'll see some good ones soon.
Might not want to make that bet. I have actually discussed this with one of the people successfully using line locks. He says he hits 6k rpm no problem during his burnouts, and in fact has even bumped the rev limiter. And not once has the wrench light came on or the vehicle gone in to failsafe mode as a result of it.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Lucy2005
2nd Gear Member

Hello, All, New to forum. I have a Roush stage III and I ran some in Bristol last year, and definitely think a line lock woll improve my times on drag radials- Im lousy att the heel toe launch anyway. My idea that I have been considering is to install dual hurst roll controll line locks between the ABS unit and the caliper. One unit for each side. The idea is that tiis will not in anyway disable the ABS features when the system is off, but will provide a good old fashioned hydraulic lock to the calipers. The wiring can be spliced, so only one switch used. Anyone have any ideas on this method to keep all the features of the ABS, and still have line lock features when I want them? I figure Ill get an ABS light when I have the system powered, but full ABS features when driving and the system off. This would be needed to keep one unit from bleeding pressure from one caliper to the other during normal driving conditions. Thoughts?
Old 02-28-2006, 03:55 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hawgman

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

And I'll bet the farm they get a slight bog when they shift in 2nd and 3rd. I have been over this at length with predator and sct and the ONLY way to escape that bog is to rewire your clutch over ride and use a switch to start your car. It is a pain in the butt and is being worked on but no solution as yet. The two-step programs from diablo and SCT do the same thing and they are working on it too. Should be corrected pretty soon. I made awesome launches with the two-step but the bog in shifts lost me everything I gained.

The line locks work but as soon as your car hits 5800 rpm, the wrench light comes on and the car goes into failsafe. I personally couldn't get a good burnout in low rpm and it wasn't worth it. JPC, MRI, JDM, Hurst, and ST are all working on a good line lock system for our cars so I'm sure we'll see some good ones soon.
Might not want to make that bet. I have actually discussed this with one of the people successfully using line locks. He says he hits 6k rpm no problem during his burnouts, and in fact has even bumped the rev limiter. And not once has the wrench light came on or the vehicle gone in to failsafe mode as a result of it.
I'm always learning new stuff Hawg and would really like to have a working set. Next time you talk to him, can you ask him what system he is using and if there was anything special he had to do in the install in regards to the abs and let me know - I would appreciate it...
Old 02-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Lucy2005
2nd Gear Member

Oh, I should also mention, that I bump the rev limiter almost daily! I need to get over that. I was having a problem on the shifos, hitting it accidentally, by slamming the clutch a half instant before releaseing the gas, and getting just a little rev over the 6000-6100 Im shifting at. The beauty of the 05 stang, esepcially with the charger, is that it wants to keep generating power right up past the rev limiter, and it is really easy to hit the limiter. Practice will cure this. I have not had an engine light once as a result of hitting the rev limiter, though, just the bog from accidentally hitting it on a bad shift. It happened most to me when I was experimenting with a 3rd to 4th gear shift. Maybe that explains the bog you were getting.