Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WHICH CAR??????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 10:23 PM
LAK3RS
2nd Gear Member

Default WHICH CAR??????????

On Feb 11th which is this Saturday, I am going to go look at a 06 Saleen S281-SC Mustang. Now I am very interested in this car but I am debating between this car or a 06 Mustang GT Coupe, or Conv. I am really not sure on which one I should get but I am leaning toward the Saleen. What are yalls opinions on which car I should get??????
Old 02-06-2006, 10:40 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: WHICH CAR??????????

Honestly boils down to what you intend on doing with the car and what you want out of it. The Saleen is going to have the better performance. So if that is what you are wanting, it is going to be your choice hands down.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:51 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Honestly boils down to what you intend on doing with the car and what you want out of it. The Saleen is going to have the better performance. So if that is what you are wanting, it is going to be your choice hands down.
I second that. But, also think of it this way.
If you decide to get a GT couple, and you want the same performance as a Saleen, you'd have to figure out the cost of adding mods to the car's original price versus the total price of a Saleen.
If the total cost is more than the Saleen, then I go with the Saleen. If not, then I'd go with the GT.
Just my .02

Old 02-07-2006, 01:09 AM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

saleen will have better resale value, even if you gt is faster then the saleen its still only a gt in the blue book's eyes!
Old 02-07-2006, 09:25 PM
05Pony
1st Gear Member

saleen only has 30 more hp then a stock gt. but cost 25k more you do the math.. if you want the name of a saleen on your car get the saleen but you can easily get a blower exhaust costum paint the biggest baddest rims and tires with the GT and still have money left over... i would say get the GT cause the saleens not worht it.. actually i would say get an 04 cobra cause that will beet the hell outa any new 05-06 car on the road even hang with vettes.. so thats my 2 cents.. hope it helps.. oh and an 04 cobra would be cheaper then the 06 GT anywayz
Old 02-07-2006, 10:58 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

hes talkin about the supercharged version
Old 02-07-2006, 11:41 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jt14894

ORIGINAL: hawgman

I second that. But, also think of it this way.
If you decide to get a GT couple, and you want the same performance as a Saleen, you'd have to figure out the cost of adding mods to the car's original price versus the total price of a Saleen.
If the total cost is more than the Saleen, then I go with the Saleen. If not, then I'd go with the GT.
Just my .02

yeah but you also get a redone interior too.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:54 PM
akula52

I would buy the GT. I instaled the Saleen SC and upgraded my suspension added only a CDC classic chin spoiler and and my car hauls *** for a lot less money. I like the looks of the Saleen, but I like a little more of a sleeper look. I will post some pics when I get my car from the paint shop, and my dyno #'s. Decals coming off and painted strips (ghost look going on). Good luck on your choice
Old 02-08-2006, 12:21 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: akula52

I would buy the GT. I instaled the Saleen SC and upgraded my suspension added only a CDC classic chin spoiler and and my car hauls *** for a lot less money. I like the looks of the Saleen, but I like a little more of a sleeper look. I will post some pics when I get my car from the paint shop, and my dyno #'s. Decals coming off and painted strips (ghost look going on). Good luck on your choice
akula-
how much bottom end torque did you gain w/blower? Ive been kinda wondering...(dont tell the wife)

I really miss the off idle torque of a bigblock, while I doubt a conservative boosted motor would gain that much, I WOULD expect a roots type blower to gain more lowend than a centrifugal...I'd like more torque/ the feel of the power, without the noise of 4-5krpm required...also, hows your highway MPG? Id still like to takethis thing cross country one day, and wouldnt want to ruin light throttle mpg...any thoughts/comments appreciated.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:12 PM
crewwolfy
2nd Gear Member

I'd prefer a GT. It's like a blank canvas, ready for your brush stroke. The Saleen is beautiful, but I'd feel more implied to metaphorically hang it on the wall than anything else.

Quick Reply: WHICH CAR??????????