Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush Suspension ?? Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 01:32 AM
GTRacing
1st Gear Member

Default Roush Suspension ?? Yes or No

My 06 GT has black Ford Racing stripes, a RoushCharger (363 whp, 357t), Roush Brakes, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's, and I am considering the Roush Suspension package. Has anyone installed the suspension kit and would you recommend it. I spend about every sixth weekend at the track (Texas World Speedway).
Old 02-13-2006, 03:05 AM
05HOTROD
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Roush Suspension ?? Yes or No

do you have some pics of the roush brakes and sc on your car?? I have the full suspension and it does make a difference in handling. It also feels like like the car got faster due to the power being transferred forward instead of twisting if that makes sense.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:25 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

get the saleen suspension
Old 02-18-2006, 07:17 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

As I've posted before - the roush suspension is a joke! Don't take my word for it - just go to your local dealer and look under a stage 2 and then look under a regular GT - look familiar??????? Same upper and lower control arms just painted blue. Yes, slightly better springs and that's about it. Go with steeda if you mild race (I broke the bushings in the steeda control arms twice) and with Metco if you seriously race. I love the Roush body =but their performance is plain terrible and a rip off. There s/c is one of the most expensive out there and makes the LEAST power of all of them. There brakes cost as much as mine (see pic) and are in now way in the same league as baer. Roush styling = awesome Roush performance = terrible

[IMG]local://upfiles/24802/248112098CCA4815A97EC4157DF90E64.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2006, 07:26 PM
05HOTROD
2nd Gear Member

ARE THOSE THE TWO PISTON PBR BAER BRAKES ON YOUR CAR WITH THE 14 INCH ROTORS? I JUST GOT THE ROUSH BRAKES (STOP TECH BRAKES WITH ROUSH LOGO ON THEM). IF YOU INDEED HAVE THE TWO PISTON BAER BRAKE SET UP, YOU'RE SAYING THEY'RE ARE BETTER THAN THE STOP TECH FOUR PISTON BRAKES?
Old 02-18-2006, 07:29 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Those are 18" wheels in the photo. They are 4 piston 16" rotors and YES - they are better.

I'm not bashing - I actually LOVE roush styling. But they're performance is less than desired and that's a fact. Like I said, all you have to do is look under a stage 2 and look under a regular GT and you can see for yourself. Also, Roush ran a best of 13.64 in the 1/4 with their s/c which was only a few tenths better than stock. A lot of money for a s/c that is only going to get you a couple tenths faster....[:'(]
Old 02-18-2006, 07:34 PM
05HOTROD
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

Those are 18" wheels in the photo. They are 4 piston 16" rotors and YES - they are better.
OH, BECAUSE THEY LOOK LIKE THESE TWO PISTON CALIPERS AND ROTORS LIKE THESE.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20677/7D6CA89BBC5547B7AC81C923B6D8B746.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2006, 07:41 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Yes they do look similiar, and so do every other 2 piston and 4 piston upgrade brake systems from every manufacturer. Just in case you're not aware, the pistons are not visible from the outside of the car and rotors look identical no matter at 12", 14" and 16". You won't see the difference until you get them in your hands.

Edit - you may also want to try hitting your caps button once??
Old 02-18-2006, 07:54 PM
05HOTROD
2nd Gear Member

WHATS THE MODEL NUMBER FOR YOUR BRAKES, I LOOKED EVERY WHERE ON BAER WEBSITE AND IT DOES NOT SHOW 4 PISTON BRAKES WITH 16 INCH ROTORS, AND YES YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 12.5 INCH STOCK ROTORS AND 16 INCH ROTORS. I'M NOT SAYING YOUR LYING OR ANYTHING, BUT WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR BRAKES I WANTED TO GO WITH THE BAER 4 PISTON SET UP WITH LARGE ROTORS BUT ALL THEY HAD WAS THE 6 PISTON SET UP WITH 14 INCH ROTORS.

EDIT: I LIKE CAPS
Old 02-18-2006, 08:16 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

It's cool. They are not on their website, but they do have them. Try to contact them directly and if you can't - then contact an authorized dealer and have them get you a quote. I honeslty went through the same thing you did. Mine was the first pair off the production line 8 months ago. You can also call extreme automotive in canoga park, Ca. (on Canoga Blvd) and ask sean to get you a quote. He is the guy who got them for me. Here's another interesting thread about the roush s/c performance... (they're are many others too) Like I said, I'm not bashing roush and the brakes you got ARE good. I don't think the brakes are a bad buy but the suspension and s/c are IMO. I think your brakes are almost = and I am more commenting on the suspension. Notice the brakes only have roush's name on them - they are not roush. I am talking about roush performance products. Especially the suspension! Liek I said, see for yourself and you'll easily see.

https://mustangforums.com/m_851160/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Roush Suspension ?? Yes or No