Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SALEEN OR ROUSH

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 03:21 PM
MICHAELPQLEMON

Default SALEEN OR ROUSH

GOING NUTS. CANT MAKE UP MIND BETWEEN ROUSH SUPERCHARGER OR SALEEN. THOUGHT I HAD MADE UP MY MIND UNTILL SAW POST WITH FATHER AND SON INSTALLING ROUSH UNIT. LOOKS LIKE SALEEN PUTS OUT A LITTLE MORE TORQUE BUT LIKE LOOKS OF ROUSH AND DRIVE TRAIN WARRANTY. ANYBODY OUT THERE HAVE SALLEN INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS, INSTRUCTION PICS, AND DYNO SHEET? PLEASE HELP BEFORE I GO CRAZY
THANKS-------MIKE
Old 02-13-2006, 03:46 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SALEEN OR ROUSH

first the roush has to be installed by an authorized installer to get the warranty, i think the saleen looks much more nice, very clean.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:27 PM
toolttime
2nd Gear Member

My roushchager runs perfect right from the start
Looks OEM
And since my first ever s/c The whine of s/c under load is music to the ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'll never turn on the radio
Install was the easiest thing I've ever done. Instructions were perfect
Old 02-14-2006, 03:23 PM
05HOTROD
2nd Gear Member

HEH TOOLTIME, WAS ROUSH HAVING A PROBLEM REFLASHING THE COMPUTERS? I'VE READ A FEW POST OF PEOPLE HAVING PROBLEMS. ALSO, MY BUDDY HAS THE ROUSH BLOWER AND HAD IT INSTALLED BY THE DEALER AND SHE HAS BEEN BACK TWICE FOR COMPUTER PROBLEMS. I WAS ALSO THINKING ABOUT GETTING THE ROUSH BLOWER, BUT THESE PROBLEMS HAVE WORRIED ME.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:49 PM
toolttime
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05HOTROD

HEH TOOLTIME, WAS ROUSH HAVING A PROBLEM REFLASHING THE COMPUTERS? I'VE READ A FEW POST OF PEOPLE HAVING PROBLEMS. ALSO, MY BUDDY HAS THE ROUSH BLOWER AND HAD IT INSTALLED BY THE DEALER AND SHE HAS BEEN BACK TWICE FOR COMPUTER PROBLEMS. I WAS ALSO THINKING ABOUT GETTING THE ROUSH BLOWER, BUT THESE PROBLEMS HAVE WORRIED ME.
I sent it to them once during the install and it runs perfect. I have not had any problem at all with it. I know of few others that have em and have had no problems. I did the install myself so I was quite fussy with the work. There is actually only 1 thing I can think of that could have gone wrong during a install and that is with moving the temperature sensor wires from the maf connector to the new intake manifold temperature sensor. The only problem is the smile you get when you hear the whine from the s/c when under loadahh music to the ears. I may never ever turn on the radio again. lol
Old 02-14-2006, 09:41 PM
akula52

Michaelpqlemon, I have a Saleen. The install was done by my Ford mechanic in less than one day. The instructions are a hard copy and I will not part with them. If you like the Saleen, try www.Speedworx.com, I think he may have one left at the 05 prices. I love the way mine looks and the torque is awsome. Roush, Saleen and Kenne Bell are great superchargers. If you want good customer service go with Kenne Bell! My car is in paint but I will post pics and dyno when I get it back.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:10 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

I am also really thinking about getting a Supercharger.... When reading this... I was under the impression that the Roush (as stated in the first post of this thread) did not void the warranty... This is the ONLY reason holding me back from getting one since i paid extra for an extended warranty and since i just got the car about 10 days ago, i would rather not screw it up. So if i get a Roush and have it installed by a Roush person, does that still keep my warranty? Did I read that correctly?

-W
Old 02-14-2006, 11:18 PM
toolttime
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: woodywoody

I am also really thinking about getting a Supercharger.... When reading this... I was under the impression that the Roush (as stated in the first post of this thread) did not void the warranty... This is the ONLY reason holding me back from getting one since i paid extra for an extended warranty and since i just got the car about 10 days ago, i would rather not screw it up. So if i get a Roush and have it installed by a Roush person, does that still keep my warranty? Did I read that correctly?

-W
Yep that what it says
Old 02-15-2006, 12:48 AM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Wow... well that changes everything.... Anyone know if there is a Roush person in the Chapel Hill, Carolina area?

-W
Old 02-15-2006, 07:38 PM
gregsdart
1st Gear Member

Call Roush directly, they should be able to point you to someone if no one gives an answer.

Quick Reply: SALEEN OR ROUSH