Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharging 2005-06 3V GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 04:14 AM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharging 2005-06 3V GT

So it seems like Roush and Saleen but damn close but I love that the factory warranty does not get voided by the Roush.

-W
Old 02-16-2006, 01:44 PM
pcdrj
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: woodywoody

So it seems like Roush and Saleen but damn close but I love that the factory warranty does not get voided by the Roush.

-W
Does Roush warant their s/c or the whole car? You might want to check this out to be sure. Ford's factory warranty will not cover any damage to the car that is determined to be caused by modifications. You can also search other posts on this topic.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:10 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

It covers the 3 year 36,000 mile drivetrain warranty as it says on their website but i think a roush person has tp install it or it has to be sent to them to be tuned, i am still not clear on this.

-W
Old 02-16-2006, 02:44 PM
kopfjager
1st Gear Member

The Roushcharger has to be installed by a certifed auto technician. (not a Roush tech)
The Saleen kit requires you to nuy additional items i.e; Mass air or larger injectors.

I am going with KB. The 2.4l intercooled 8PSI kit is the most complete of all twin screw kits. It also includes a booster fuel pump.I
have seen dynos of it bolted on dead-stock 4.6 3V knocking out 440 at the wheel. You won't get that from the saleen at 7 PSI. I do not want to go over that number myself on my daily driver.
I will post dynos when mine is completed next week.
Oh and Ford is installing mine because my dealer will honor the Ford warranty if they do the install of any supercharger.
They have done Procharger, Vortec, Saleen and now are doing my KB. Not one of their blown GTs has had any failure of lower end.
When the FRRP one comes out, that may even be a better bet in maintaining warranty since many dealers may back the warranty under this blower.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:51 PM
toolttime
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kopfjager

The Roushcharger has to be installed by a certifed auto technician. (not a Roush tech)
The Saleen kit requires you to nuy additional items i.e; Mass air or larger injectors.

I am going with KB. The 2.4l intercooled 8PSI kit is the most complete of all twin screw kits. It also includes a booster fuel pump.I
have seen dynos of it bolted on dead-stock 4.6 3V knocking out 440 at the wheel. You won't get that from the saleen at 7 PSI. I do not want to go over that number myself on my daily driver.
I will post dynos when mine is completed next week.
Oh and Ford is installing mine because my dealer will honor the Ford warranty if they do the install of any supercharger.
They have done Procharger, Vortec, Saleen and now are doing my KB. Not one of their blown GTs has had any failure of lower end.
When the FRRP one comes out, that may even be a better bet in maintaining warranty since many dealers may back the warranty under this blower.
There is no way a ford dealer is going to give you more then 400 hp going out their door. They are not stupid That's why they have no failures.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:58 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

As far as all the research I've done.......the Saleen series 6 charger is the best choice from a good-power-with-little-stress-on-the-engine standpoint. The Saleen can potentially make upwards of 100 extra horses on less than 7 psi boost. And from what i've been told, 8psi is really the safe limit for the stock 4.6 bottom end. You won't get better gains on less boost than you do with the Saleen. Most other charger kits will require 9psi or more for those kinds of gains. Bottom line, less boost means less stress on the engine. Less stress on the engine means less wear and tear. Less wear and tear means better engine longevity. This is why I'm installing the Saleen. If you're looking for mad street melting power, you'd be better off with a Vortech, Procharger, or KB setup. But you seem to want the same thing I'm looking for.....decent power addition with little sacrifice to engine life.
The KB will make more power than the saleen at 8 psi plain and simple and just as safe on your motor + less expensive = KB better than Saleen.

EDIT - Roush and Saleen are the ONLY s/c ford will honor a warranty on and have to be installed by an authorized Ford Dealer. They also have to be programmed to detect any changes to the computer so you can't change the conservative tune you will get and keep your warranty.

Based on what you want, I would go with the saleen and have a dealer install it for you. The roush is too expensive for the lackluster power gains and even though the Saleen isn't the best s/c choice - for keeping a warranty it's the best you're going to get.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Cyberwolf1986
2nd Gear Member

I just bought a 06 gt and i was talking to the dealership(my dads good friend owns it). He said that as long as you get a supercharger specificaly for the model car you have)as in 2006 mustang gt supercharger) and its from summit then its ok. they have some kind of contract with summit because they sell frpp, but i dont know where you have to install it
Old 02-16-2006, 11:01 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

AWesome guys. I think i am going to call my Ford Dealership tomorrow and ask about that and some other things.

-W
Old 02-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

Anyone know if you can get a 03-04 cobra M112 setup on the 3V setup?
Old 02-23-2006, 10:43 PM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

I'm waiting to see what teh FRPP supchercharger is all about before I buy. It it being designed and built(the main housing that is) by whipple. I'm pretty sure the picture at the top of the FRPP superchargers page.(Looks alot like my angine bay save for the pink.) I want to see what this does because it will almost definately be covered by your FRPP dealerships.

Quick Reply: Supercharging 2005-06 3V GT