Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Exhaust Air Flow, not sealed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 12:49 AM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Default Exhaust Air Flow, not sealed?

Ok so today i went from stock mid-pipe and flowmasters to a off-road SS Prochamber and the Flowmasters... So after getting into the car and getting use to the sound. I noticed that i get what can only be described as a huge air passing through the mid-pipes under my feet. You can hear it echo off the walls around you as you are driving and if the top is up and also the windows, you can DEF hear it and feel it under feet.

So my question is, is this normal for an off-road mid-pipe? I have no idea since i never had one but i can imagine it is. Iam hoping at least. When my guy put the pipes on, he welded the connections so i dont think there is any air flow being let loose and he checked it like 5 times to make sure.

-W
Old 02-17-2006, 07:27 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust Air Flow, not sealed?

it is most likely a heavy amount of drone, I just got my side pipes put on today and it sounds like that from 2500-3000 rpm and it goes away, its normal and it is (if I understand right) the exhaust sound echoing and amplifying in the pipe causing resonation, so there fore it creates vidration in the floor and it is what you are feeling
Old 02-17-2006, 08:44 PM
woodywoody
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust Air Flow, not sealed?

It's actually under my feet near where the Mid-Pipes connect to the headers... My friend drove with me today and he thinks it's just the large amount of air going through the pipes into the mufflers. It happens at am RPM after about 1,500. Just sounds like a whorl of wind rushing under my feet. I guess it's just that I have never had an off-road mid-pipe before and I am just not used to it. But it still sounds wrong to me. I have checked it and there is no leak so, whatever. Also, my damn engine light came on after a day Gotta get some MIL's i assume.

-W