Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

wanted front bumper cover: Massachusetts

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 11:07 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Default wanted front bumper cover: Massachusetts

Looking for a spare front bumper cover(GT); gonna do some trial custom fab work on one. Really would like to pick vs face shipping cost and hassle. If ya got one just let me know.
ty, Jim
Old 02-18-2006, 02:52 PM
BlueC500

Default RE: wanted front bumper cover: Massachusetts

how much are you looking to give for it....with grill and lights
Old 02-18-2006, 05:01 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Well, no interest in grill and lights; I do have a guy checking on Greyhound shipping who wants his out of his garage and will sell for $100(nice shape, few scratches); so it's $100 plus ship cost that I don't know yet. If you were in Worcester MA area there would be no shipping; I don't mind taking a drive if it's not toooo far. I'm lookin for one not to replace mine but to experiment with some custom fab and paint work; and worst case go back to my original if I'm not happy with the look. ...so I'm patient as there are more and more becoming available and I'd like to find a decent price, I guess is what I'm saying. ...just let me know, thanks, Jim
Old 02-18-2006, 05:16 PM
CarsandCigars
1st Gear Member

Hey Fairlane: I hope all is well in your world. What am I reading here??? Are looking to replace your flamed front end????

On a different note, the painter called me yesterday. He had some Q's on the dimensions of the stripes. Anyway, he says "got the mirrors done. They have a textured look to them." Pause. Silence on the phone. Guess the fact that I only spent 30 FRICKEN MINUTES EXPLAINING THAT I WANTED SMOOTH MIRRORS TO YOUR BOSS DIDN"T FRICKEN REGISTER. WTF. EVER HEAR OF A PRODUCT CALLED ....SANDPAPER?!?.

Guess the old saying is true Fairlane, if you want something done right you gotta do it yourselve.

Old 02-18-2006, 06:14 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

OMG, they painted over the textured finish on the mirrors? You have to be kidding, you must get that corrected. 12 year old kids will laugh at that (lol) They messed up... do they realize it's about 6hrs prep for those mirrors before even getting to base/clear? wtf? Yup, this is why I do whatever I can myself; lots of people don't listen; don't care; you got anything in writing? YOU CAN'T LEAVE THE MIRRORS THAT WAY. Different is one thing but that's bordering on the rediculous. Like I said to a few guys shops don't typically know about "smoothening mirrors" cause they never did it; 99% of all cars have color keyed mirrors, many retractable. Thanks Ford for the absudity on this one. ...but we will prevail heh?

Oh, on the custom paint; no flames staying as is. I'm going to take a spare bumper cover, add the agressive CDC chin spoiler; then bring the color blend down to it's very base; essentially getting to a bright red lower edge. This is basically copying the blend that goes up the hood in the flames, down the nose; it will be a sublte blend and may only get to orange not red because only so far to travel downward to get the transition. ...that's where the CDC spoiler will help. If I don't like it and want to go back to my oEM black bumper cover I can. See, back in the day we had a chrome bumper but no more so I have the yellow/black seam at the bumper cover on the side(take a look at the pic and you'll see what I mean). Want to see what bringing the color onto and down the bumper cover would look like. (It's a tough call, I just have to do it to see it) If I'm still unsure, I 'll post two pics '1' and '2' out here; and like the eye doctor say "Better 1?, better 2?" (lol)

[IMG]local://upfiles/24316/043380D1EB654EE78E12910FCBC2E85E.jpg[/IMG]