Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2005 mustang mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 03:02 AM
mjcobra18
1st Gear Member

Default 2005 mustang mach 1

hey guys, my name is mike and im new to this site. i got my torch red mustang gt this past summer and i love it. however, im planning on doing a whole heap of mods to it in a couple weeks, and i just want to know what you guys think. here is a list of the mods i will be doing:

-Vortech Supercharger(non intercooled)
-Shaker Hood System
-Magnaflow Magnapack Catbacks
-computer reflash
-all chrome caps and such in the engine compartment
-possibly some jba or mac long tube headers
-possibly a twin 62mm throttle body
-center gauge pod
-rear window louvers(red)
-cdc classic chin spoiler
-paint rear spoiler black
-mach 1 badges

Current mods:
-K&N Cai
-Black side stripes
-Black Mach 1 hood stripe
-Blacked out light covers

just wondering what your thoughts were on my planned setup, and any suggestions or ideas you guys have to make this a killer stang...im thinking of making it a mach 1 look alike but im not sure yet.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:54 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 2005 mustang mach 1

Hey Mike,

Some of our more experienced and knowledgeable members would tell you to search around the forums for information you are seeking, because people come on all the time asking the same questions and they've been answered multiple times. I think there is still a topic up in our 1st page of the V8 Specific about someone who did their own "Mach 1" look, and I know there is another one in the 2005/06 Mustang Forum of another guy who did a more extensive look.

I guess I'll break this down for you, or atleast performance parts wise.

Vortech Supercharger(non intercooled) - I'm not really a fan of these types of Super chargers, especially on a Mustang. I like belt fed ones. IE, KB, Saleen, or Roush. I think KB and Saleen's are getting awesome performance from theirs, and Roush's is slacking a bit if I've read the feedback from users who've installed them.

-Shaker Hood System - I'm not sure this can be installed while having a Supercharger installed as well? I haven't looked into the Shaker system simply because it's just... kind of pansy looking. I like something aggressive, and this looks like it belongs on a Golf GTi or something. It's just tiny.

-Magnaflow Magnapack Catbacks - Exhaust really is up to you.

-computer reflash - Nothing wrong with that. The new Mustangs everything is based on their computer so tune it.

-possibly some jba or mac long tube headers - I haven't really looked too much into headers, I think with the LT Headers you have to do some customization including new engine mounts and probably customizing the pipes. Not 100% positive on this, but most have been going with Hooker Comp Headers.

-possibly a twin 62mm throttle body - A lot of people haven't really been seeing any improvement with a throttle body. In some cases it's hurting the power. I believe one person said it best and said that the companies who are making these throttle bodies didn't really test them thoroughly and just pushed them out to market because of the high demand of the cars.

This may help, or may not. Though I figured I'd answer your question a little since no one has posted.

- Menace.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:21 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

Wow you and I will have very similar cars...

Mine is at the shop right now for a Vortech(intercooled), center gauge pod, painted white stripes and rear window louvers.

I already have the magnapacks. I hope you like drone. C'ause you'll get plenty of it. I love it so it's ok for me. Get the steeda springs if you can. It will look great.

On order,

Shaker hood
20mm spacers
Nobody could really give me a good answer on the compatibility of the shaker and the Vortech so i'm just gonna cut away and see....
I'll let you know how it works out.

Patrick

ORIGINAL: mjcobra18

hey guys, my name is mike and im new to this site. i got my torch red mustang gt this past summer and i love it. however, im planning on doing a whole heap of mods to it in a couple weeks, and i just want to know what you guys think. here is a list of the mods i will be doing:

-Shaker Hood System
-computer reflash
-center gauge pod
-mach 1 badges

Current mods:
-K&N Cai
-Black side stripes

just wondering what your thoughts were on my planned setup, and any suggestions or ideas you guys have to make this a killer stang...im thinking of making it a mach 1 look alike but im not sure yet.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24844/B616D5863ED4456198D21D665CF6A140.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-19-2006, 01:50 PM
mjcobra18
1st Gear Member

wow, we are going to have very similar cars. i love the look that those black headlight covers provide. especially with the black stripes. im going to see if i can find some picture lying around of what it looks like right now.

menace- thanks for the post, i noticed there was a thread about a half hour after i posted this one that had a link to another forum showing a guys replica 1970 mach one. i chose to keep this up because i think(thought) i would have a pretty much one of a kind car if i used a shaker and a vortech. i havent seen any of those out there yet. the only reason im doing the shaker is because a lot of the mach 1's had similar systems back in the day. i like the look from the outside, but the shroud on the inside is putred.

about the compatibility of the supercharger and the shaker: i know the service manager at the local ford dealer here in town. he said he called the company who makes the shaker and asked if it could be used with the vortech with a 200$ kit. ive been looking at pics extensively and it seems the duct work that goes into the stock airbox will have to be cut back about a foot(probably to the coupler) to make it fit..tight..

freefallapat, what is drone really?? ive heard a couple of things.

thanks for the information guys, i think im going to keep posting here just with updates and any questions i have. consider it kind of a "project" page
ORIGINAL: freefallpat

Wow you and I will have very similar cars...

Mine is at the shop right now for a Vortech(intercooled), center gauge pod, painted white stripes and rear window louvers.

I already have the magnapacks. I hope you like drone. C'ause you'll get plenty of it. I love it so it's ok for me. Get the steeda springs if you can. It will look great.

On order,

Shaker hood
20mm spacers
Nobody could really give me a good answer on the compatibility of the shaker and the Vortech so i'm just gonna cut away and see....
I'll let you know how it works out.

Patrick

ORIGINAL: mjcobra18

-Shaker Hood System
-computer reflash
-center gauge pod
-mach 1 badges

Current mods:
-K&N Cai
-Black side stripes

[IMG]local://upfiles/24844/B616D5863ED4456198D21D665CF6A140.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-19-2006, 02:29 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

Drone hmmmm,

It's a loud sound with bass in it. You will get it a around 2000 rpm (on the highway mostly). It will feel like your head wants to explode. It's freakin great!!!

You'll know what it is after you put them on. Trust me....

Patrick